Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

high right with sig, left with Glock.... why on both?

you guys rock I want to thank you for all the help that I have been provided so far however here is my issue:

with my duty weapon i tend to group a little high and right. It is a USGI stock sig 229 DAK. It mainly happens in slow fire. My rapid fire is typically on point. I shoot around 200-300 rounds every week on this gun.

With my glock 35 it is the exact opposite problem, during rapid fire I shoot low left I'm getting a good flash sight picture and trying to press the trigger rather than squeeze however if it's not an A it is low left

Edited by evilbeef54

Trigger finger placement. I had to work through the same problem on my Glock 34. The problem for me was the part of my finger I was using to pull the trigger. When I used the pad near the tip of the finger my impacts would be low left out of the A zone consistently while doing Bill drills. The solution for me was putting more finger on the trigger (it is almost to the knuckle now) and now my hits are As. You should also be able to see the problem during dry fire using the drill "trigger control at speed" (I found it in one of Ben Stoeger's book) pay close attention to your front sight and you will see it dipping low left. Experiment with placement until the front sight doesn't move when pulling the trigger fast.

Drill - aim at BLANK WALL not at a target, focus on front sight, at buzzer press trigger quick as possible