Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NRA Departure

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else still missing their gun certificate?

I got my gun certificate there. Why didn't you get one?
They gave me a photocopy and I have to wait for the original. They were collecting w4s for the guns and cash.

I guess I could contact Colt and see if I can redeem it before getting the original.

Edited by DWFAN

They gave me a photocopy and I have to wait for the original. They were collecting w4s for the guns and cash.

I guess I could contact Colt and see if I can redeem it before getting the original.

Colt? Call em quick.

The Firearms Blog is reporting they are filing Chapter 11.

I just talked to Damien on the phone, he said that no certificates have gone out yet.

But that he received a list of names that they've received W9s for, and will be mailing those out soon.

I asked him if he was filling out the names on the certificates, and he said he probably wasn't. Which means those of us that sell them to offset our expenses will have an easier time.

I would think, that if you pay taxes on the prizes, the cost of getting the prizes is deductible? Or NOT?

It is. There are some rules around it that I need to look into, but I know you can only deduct up to the amount you won, for hobby related expenses and prizes. I need to find a cpa to confirm.

I guess I didn't pay enough attention to it to realize it was a copy. Oops!

I was given a W9 to complete which I did. Now because I am an alien I have to fill in a W8 instead. Oh well, with an avatar like mine could I expect anything different? All good fun.

Bummer about Colt I was hoping to win one next year.

Edited by Chris1911