Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NRA Departure

All,

I wanted to let all of you know I resigned my position as the NRA National Pistol Manager at the NRA. I resigned for several reasons, some of those you will experience at the Bianchi Cup later this month.

I wish all of you the best of luck, it has been an honor to work with all of you.

Tom Hughes

Former NRA Pistol Manager

2/2007 - 5/2015

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good afternoon Tom.

This is not good news, you have done a great job for all of us shooters.

I thank you for all your work, I only had a few chances to talk to you personally, and thought you had a great attitude for the shooters.

I wish you the best of luck in what ever you move on to, and I know what ever you do it will be done 100%

Thank you Tom, I hope I have the good fortune to meet you in some day again, I will miss your presence at the range.

J. Russell Bryan

Life Member NRA

Action Pistol Shooter

Canadian

If the shooters of the Cup can agree on the major points of what we want, maybe a unified collective voice can keep things on a more or less smooth road. If not this year, then maybe over a period of time.

If the shooters of the Cup can agree on the major points of what we want, maybe a unified collective voice can keep things on a more or less smooth road. If not this year, then maybe over a period of time.

Better communication would be number one.

They don't post here, nor is there a dedicated Bianchi Cup Facebook presence.

Beyond that, I will wait and see. As the rumors I've heard sound pretty off the wall.

Tom,

Real sad to hear you are going, won't be the same.

Keep in touch please.

As far as they don't post here, there have been problems with that and I understand the decision not to be on this forum. The NRA has it's own way of getting news out, Tom was one the of best guys I know that got word around about what is going on.

If you are in MO this year, let us know, would like to buy you a beer.

Tom,

Keep in touch please.

As far as they don't post here, there have been problems with that and I understand the decision not to be on this forum. The NRA has it's own way of getting news out, Tom was one the of best guys I know that got word around about what is going on.

I disagree, the NRA Pistol Program is very hit or miss with communication. They have a twitter channel that is updated rarely. They used to use the John Bianchi facebook profile but that hasn't been updated in two years, and is a profile rather than a proper page (which means it is limited by friend requests).

They have a NRA Competitive Shooting Page but rarely has any Bianchi related information. If they aren't going to be here, IMO they need a dedicated NRA Action Pistol Facebook page or well updated site, that highlights recognized matches and clubs.

Edited by PPGMD

I did not say it was any good, I just said they have their own way of doing things. I have never had a problem with getting info out of the NRA, mostly from Tom and Damien, but with Tom moving on and I am not sure where Damien stands that line of communication may be changing.

Action Pistol has never been top of the list with the NRA Executive, Tom made huge inroads in getting the Cup back on track and into the forefront of their minds again. But he was constantly fighting to make headway.

My experience has been hit or miss there as well.

Sometimes it is very easy to get a hold of someone like Tom or Damien at the Pistol Program. Other times I could call every two weeks leaving messages, and send email with no response from either for months before I gave up.

Tom, I'm shooting my first Bianchi Cup this year and was hoping to finally meet you.

Maybe, we'll see you back running a Midway Bianchi Cup?

Seiichi

Tom,

Keep in touch please.

I disagree, the NRA Pistol Program is very hit or miss with communication. They have a twitter channel that is updated rarely. They used to use the John Bianchi facebook profile but that hasn't been updated in two years, and is a profile rather than a proper page (which means it is limited by friend requests).

They have a NRA Competitive Shooting Page but rarely has any Bianchi related information. If they aren't going to be here, IMO they need a dedicated NRA Action Pistol Facebook page or well updated site, that highlights recognized matches and clubs.

I will tell you from experience, the Competitions Division under Dennis Willing is a totally different place, there is no one running Social Media, we were instructed to shut down all Facebook & Twitter activity. They are a rudderless ship...

Tom,

Keep in touch please.

I will tell you from experience, the Competitions Division under Dennis Willing is a totally different place, there is no one running Social Media, we were instructed to shut down all Facebook & Twitter activity. They are a rudderless ship...

I boggles my mind how NRA HQ can constantly screw things up, and often making the same mistake over and over again in different divisions.

Being one of the smallest of the major shooting sports you would think that marketing and social media would be damn near the top of their priority list.

Edited by PPGMD

Take your cheque books guys. International prize winners might be paying 30% tax before you can pick them up.

Prizes? :roflol:

I didnt know sponsors were even contacted this year...

Edited by DWFAN

Last year I made a commitment to go to Bianchi this year. In January, I filled out my application and received a confirmation with instructions to call for my squadding times. I called and spoke to Tom and told him it would be my first trip to the Cup and I could tell he was truly excited for me. We talked a good while about what I should expect and he made recommendations and helped me schedule my times. He wished me luck and was very enthusiastic and friendly. He really helped me a lot and I am very grateful to him for taking the time with a "first timer" and making me feel better about going. I am sorry he will no longer be there to help people like me. In just my few minutes talking with him, I could tell he was a quality guy that enjoyed his job. I'm sure he will be missed.