Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 mags & mag bases for 3 gun

mrgrabow

Gents, I'm setting up an SP01 for my young shooter to use at some 3 gun matches this year. Seems like mec gar mags are popular, (not sure which exact model I should be looking at) but how can I set up my mags for higher capacity since there's no "box" the gun needs to fit into? Does anyone make extended mag bases like the 1911-2011 folks use?

Thanks!

Mark

I have had zero problems with the 16 round Mecgars with the regular extended CZC baseplate and the 17 round Mecgars that have the +2 (for a total of 19) baseplates.I highly reccomend getting the +10% (+15%) springs if they are used.

I have had some issues with the 18/19 round SP01 mags. I am hoping to figure that out since I want to run the CZC magwell.

Thanks for the tips. By the way, which model Mec Gars seem to work best? I thought I read here that theres a slippery finish on certain models that drop from the gun better than others.

You are referring to the nickel-plated magazines. Yes, I have the 17 round nickel-plated mags and they are great! They are new so I don't have a lot of experience with them but no problems sfar. And yes, they do seem a little more "slick" without any sticking whatsoever. I don't need extended capacity due to Production division rules but I am happy with the ShockBottle basepads.

Archived