Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger question

obsessiveshooter

I am shooting a gen 4 G35 in Limited. Right now I have replaced the connector with a Ghost ultimate, and I've replaced the springs. I'd like a better trigger- mainly less take-up and a shorter reset.

My question is... if I were to buy and install an adjustable trigger housing for $20, and polish all the parts like we see in the youtube videos, will I end up with an approximation of a decent aftermarket trigger? It seems to me that a lot of the aftermarket competition triggers consist mainly of new springs, connector, and an adjustable housing, with everything polished. I have most of that already. I can buy a titanium striker separately later.

I can't justify spending $180 on a trigger if I could get a satisfactory one by spending $20. Thoughts anyone?

The DK trigger bar is the way to go. Your not going to be able to get rid of too much take up without the shelf mod on the tab that raises the safety plunger. That shelf lets you remove take up while not disengaging the firing pin block. He also has 2 set screws in the trigger shoe that lets you adjust take up and over travel. I bought his trigger bar and installed my own springs and a glock minus connector and got a 2 5/8 lb trigger, and all of the safeties are intact.

Well, I bought an OC Custom trigger on an impulse last night. It was $65 including shipping. I'm hoping they didn't just polish the trigger bar but modded it too. It included the adjustable trigger housing that I mentioned in the OP. As long as I don't adjust everything to the point that the safeties aren't working, it ought to work okay. Since I've never shot an aftermarket Glock trigger, at least I won't know what I'm missing if the trigger sucks.

The DK trigger bar is the way to go. Your not going to be able to get rid of too much take up without the shelf mod on the tab that raises the safety plunger. That shelf lets you remove take up while not disengaging the firing pin block. He also has 2 set screws in the trigger shoe that lets you adjust take up and over travel. I bought his trigger bar and installed my own springs and a glock minus connector and got a 2 5/8 lb trigger, and all of the safeties are intact.

This.

Well, I bought an OC Custom trigger on an impulse last night. It was $65 including shipping. I'm hoping they didn't just polish the trigger bar but modded it too. It included the adjustable trigger housing that I mentioned in the OP. As long as I don't adjust everything to the point that the safeties aren't working, it ought to work okay. Since I've never shot an aftermarket Glock trigger, at least I won't know what I'm missing if the trigger sucks.

Let us know what you think.