Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Edge with WST & Titegroup

pbcaster45

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! Been unable to do much shooting lately but it looks like I'll have to get busy again!

@TRP

The only 165 gr. load I've tried was with WSF (off topic again :unsure:). Good shooting load but I need to try N-320 and Titegroup (out of WST - but I did see some for sale this weekend). Of course I need to get some 165 gr. coated bullets too!

Bullet: Rainier 165 gr. FN Plated
Powder: Winchester WSF 6.3 grs
Primer: Winchester Small Pistol
Case: Mixed Winchester & PMC
LOAL: 1.180
Avg. Vel.: 1031.24 fps
ES: 79.04
SD: 32.77
PF: 170
Recoil Spring: Dawson tool-less guide rod, 14 lb. Recoil Spring and Buffer Pad.
Edited by pbcaster45

Hmm, learned something interesting tonight while loading up some 200 gr. X-Tremes. I'd always taken it for granted my loads for the Edge were too long for a Glock - but I'd never checked my Lone Wolf Glock 35 Barrel. Big surprise! Loaded to 1.80 for use in my Edge they still pass the plunk and spin test in the Lone Wolf Barrel. I had no idea it was throated that long. Pretty sure the limiting factor will be the magazines. Anybody got a ballpark for that? Maybe 1.450?

LW%20Barrel%20with%20200%20gr.%20X-Treme

Hmm, learned something interesting tonight while loading up some 200 gr. X-Tremes. I'd always taken it for granted my loads for the Edge were too long for a Glock - but I'd never checked my Lone Wolf Glock 35 Barrel. Big surprise! Loaded to 1.80 for use in my Edge they still pass the plunk and spin test in the Lone Wolf Barrel. I had no idea it was throated that long. Pretty sure the limiting factor will be the magazines. Anybody got a ballpark for that? Maybe 1.450?

LW%20Barrel%20with%20200%20gr.%20X-Treme

1.140 max. 1.135 is typical