Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shot my first steel match!

Yesterday I shot my first steel match at Northern Colorado Rod and Gun Club. I had a blast, it was a lot of shooting but that never hurt nobody :) I think I did pretty good for being my 3rd ever comp shoot. I have done an idpa and a rifle shoot so far. I am certainly ready for the next ones!

Ah I cant wait for more! I took 4th place out of 12. only 4 seconds off of 2nd place. Thanks guys! The bad thing is that the steel match lands on the same day as a 3 gun match that is pretty close as well. So im not sure how many I will be going to since I am ready for 3 gun now. I picked up a stoeger m3k and the carbon arms twins shell caddy and soon to get the carbon arms or Nordic extention. My rifle is all set up for it already and my pistol is getting there. I happened to just pick up a Springfield Trophy Match 1911 and I love it!

Dang, I really wanted to shoot that match, but was traveling back from Atlanta yesterday morning, didn't get back to FC until about noon, I'll be out of town next week for the defensive pistol match, that is also a fun one if you can get to it.

Jeff

Steel is certainly fun. My wife and I are super seniors and I got her hooked on steel challenge. Between matches and practice we're shooting 4000 rounds/month; reloading is an absolute necessity!

• 10 months later...