Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex razor 1-6 mount/ring suggestions?

Philo_Beddoe

Just picked up one of these scopes and need a mount for my 556 AR-15. Here are my priorities from most important to least important:

1 retain/hold zero

2 quick detach

3 won't DEFORM the rail when used properly, I understand it may leave some cosmetic marks,

3 allows the use of a folding back up iron sight

4 robust, bombproof construction

5 allows proper eye relief

6 ease of installation, will allow use of wheeler torque wrench

7 will return to zero after being removed

8 price

9 weight

Right now I am leaning towards this:

http://www.bobroengineering.com/view/product/18/

Thanks

No comment on the bobro, I've heard they're great but never used one.

I'll give another thumbs up for Larue LT104. Just mounted a Tr24 using the lt104 and I love it. I've also got an Aimpoint mounted on an AR with a Larue mount. Very happy with everything I've seen from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my Warne mounts, the only thing it doesn't meet for your list is quick detach. Price is 130 directly from Warne. My second SKEL mount is on the way right now for my new upper.

Thread drift--

How are you ordering direct? When I contacted them I was told how to access their dealer list on their webpage.

To the op-

Not QD, but for the price the vortex mount is a decent deal.

I like my Warne mounts, the only thing it doesn't meet for your list is quick detach. Price is 130 directly from Warne. My second SKEL mount is on the way right now for my new upper.

Thread drift--

How are you ordering direct? When I contacted them I was told how to access their dealer list on their webpage.

To the op-

Not QD, but for the price the vortex mount is a decent deal.

I guess I shouldn't have said I ordered "direct" from them, I have used 2 certs that I have won over the years. They contact me when they get the cert, I give them my card info for the rest of the balance and it ships right from them.

That and one of their sponsored shooters is local to my club and he can order from them as well and the exchange and be made that way too.

Edited by Nickoli

can't go wrong with Bobro...for me this is how i rate them.

1.Bobro

2.ADM

3.Larue

all of them are top notch in quality and guaranteed return to zero capability.

eye relief always depends on shooters position and optics for me i always opt on extended mounts for more range in adjustability.

will be able to fit under low profile BUIS and i use magpul mbus pros with no clearance issue.

only thing i didn't like about the larue mounts is their locking levers where it slides and pinches the lower lip of the rail and this leaves the most cosmetic marks out of the three.

thing about the Bobros is when switching different rifles that you don't have to re-adjust the locking levers to make it fit.

I have mine on a Warne SKEL mount and really like it.

The only drawback of this glass is the weight. The SKEL helps make up the difference.

In all honesty, who cares about quick disconnect in 3 gun?

Mount it, sight it and shoot it.

I care that it is solid, light and dependable.

What FowlShot said.....by buddy has the aero on his rifle and its rock solid, low profile, inexpensive and light. Will help offset the crazy weight of the razor. For twice the price it's still good value...