Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armalite 3 gun hand guard

B45C22

I know that they have sourced a lot of parts format his rifle - lund, timney, ergo, raptor, etc. I really like their hand guard and would like to build a gun using it. Is that one that someone else made for them that may be available by itself?

I was told that Armalite make their own hand guard.

Joe Bob Outfitters sells the Armalite 12" and 15" hand guards.

Joe Bob Outfitters is the only place that I have seen them for sale.

The Armalite hand guard is very nice and it's very light weight.

After looking at basically every handguard ..... just ordered the 15" 3 Gun version. I was looking for something really lightweight, and without a bunch of rails all over it. I liked how clean and smooth it was. Going to try it in place of the 12" carbon fiber one I'm using which has been a little too short.

I'll post some pics and feedback when it arrives.

Assuming I want to build an upper like the armalite one, does anybody know who could weld/pin a comp for me? I usually use SJC's or a rolling thunder comp. I may try and get in touch with Benny to see if he can do it.

Only issue is that my old JP adjustable gas block wont fit under it. Its close but Ill just find a new one.

I also have a bizarre shaped upper and it is too wide for the rear sections of the handguard to slide over. So machining is on tap.

Had to machine my upper to have a mil-spec like contour behind the barrel nut, but my upper is a real odd ball.

Handguard is really nice, exactly what I was looking for. Had to install an SLR rifle works low profile adjustable gas block, which is also rad.

Excited to shoot with this setup.

Nice flat spot for those supported shots.

20150511_201925.jpg

Hack and slashing with this upper. Should be simple and clean looking on a typical upper.

20150511_201847.jpg

20150511_201741.jpg