Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

extra power mag springs

brian45acp

I have the 10 round sp-01 mags and they are sensitive to dirt. I havent had a failure yet but by the sixth stage the rounds start getting loose and I can tell its time to clean them. I am wanting to put extra power mag springs in just for added insurance.

Are these for the 10 rounds mags also? If they are for full capacity mags I would imaging in the 10 round mags they might be like +20% and I am not sure that would cause issues.

http://czcustom.com/CZ75magazinesprings10.aspx

Also what is the magic about these?

http://czcustom.com/cz-aluminum-base_pad-10_round_standard.aspx

If magazine is dirty it is best to clean it. You have to do it regardless of magazine spring type. What you mean by "the rounds start getting loose"? Are they starting rattle, falling off or something else?

What I mean is a mag with say 7 rounds in it there is no spring pressure and the rounds will just rattle out because the follower isn't pushing up. I'm sure it's because they are dirty but I wouldn't mind some extra power springs.

What I'm thinking is the springs that are stock for the 10 round mags may already act like extra power since the tube isn't as long and I think they are the same springs for the full capacity mags.

I'm just not sure which springs I would need. Or maybe none at all and just clean my mags. They are a pain to get together though. The retaining plate is difficult to get seated. I saw CZ custom sells a polymer retaining plate I may try but at $8 a piece that better actually be "better" then the presses steel stock ones.

So what do u guys think?

so those springs I linked above are the right ones even for the 10 rounders?

I have 1500 sandpaper. Would that work for smoothing the mags out? I dont really see that being the issue I am having though. The rounds will start to not push back up to the feed lips because mostly they are getting dirty but I am sure some extra power springs will help a bit.

Extra spring power might help you little. The final solution is regular cleaning. Normally magazines are not lubricated, but you could try Moly or Teflon based dry lubricant. I have never needed to polish CZ factory magazines.

so those springs I linked above are the right ones even for the 10 rounders?

I have 1500 sandpaper. Would that work for smoothing the mags out? I dont really see that being the issue I am having though. The rounds will start to not push back up to the feed lips because mostly they are getting dirty but I am sure some extra power springs will help a bit.

400 and then 1000 grit is what i use. +10% springs is all I use, 10rds mags take them and work 100%. Arredondo mag brush makes it fast and easy to dis-assemble and clean mags during matches.

Follow up:

5% springs worked great. My mags were less sensitive to dirt and I ran all 6 stages with out cleaning mags. The 5% springs in the 10 round mags were just about right. With the shorter mag tubes on the 10 rounders the 5% springs are more then likely about 10%.