Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 3

nhjeffs

I finally got my Stock 3 cleaned up and put back together. DP front sight, Xtreme firing pin. Xtreme light hammer and firing pin spring and Tanfo 1 piece sear. DA is just under 8 lbs. and SA is just under 4 lbs. I ran around 300 rounds through it with no failures. Would a Titan or Delta hammer drop the DA any?

To drop the DA you'll need a trigger return spring from Cajungunworks and one of their firing pin springs and use in the trigger bar plunger. And a Last Round Armament sear spring. Polish internally as well.

I was just curious.

"The new internal shape design permits you to improve the single action, but also by repositioning hooks, and interruptor, the double action trigger pull weight has been dramatically reduced."

With the way they advertise it, I was just wondering if it has a "dramatic" effect on DA pull.

I have the Xtreme light hammer spring installed. I did a little more fine polishing while I had it apart again. DA is 7.5lb and SA is 3.5lb.

From what I've read, the #2 pencil test is a way to indicate firing pin performance. The pencil will barely clear the barrels on my M&Ps and I have never had a light strike on either of them. The pencil clears the Stock 3 barrel by at least 12". I'm thinking I shouldn't have any light strike problems.

I just performed the pencil test on my stock 2 and it cleared by 14 inches and I'm still getting light strikes on Winchester primers about 1 out of 300 rounds. If I pull the trigger again it fires

I moved to federal and 700 rounds fired with no light strikes

• 4 weeks later...

I put the Titan hammer on had the sear out for fitting the safety. I went to put the sear back in the cage and the spring slipped and went flying. I can't find it. Now I have to wait to one gets delivered. What a pain in the ass.

I took everything out of the room except the furniture. I ran a magnet over the floor. I found the spring in a partially unzipped compartment in my backpack. I couldn't have thrown it in there if I tried.

I fitted one of the CGW T3 discos with the stock hammer installed. The Titan hammer seems to have made the take up on SA a little longer. Anyone else notice this?

Archived