Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Elliason rear sight question

andyh

Hi all,

I've asked this on the 1911 section too, but can any techno bod or gunsmithing wizard out there please tell me the thread size on an Elliason rear sight elevation adjustment screw?

Can't find out the info anywhere!

Many thanks,

Andy

Or you could try Kensight. They make an Elliason clone rear sight and sell replacement parts. An acquaintance of mine lost the elevation screw out of his Colt with Elliason and got the replace from them. Here is the link to the rear sight elevation screw:

http://stores.kensight.com/kensight-elevation-screw-elliason-sight/

Thanks for the help, guys.

I don't need a replacement for the elevation screw, however. I'm manufacturing an adapter plate to allow a mini red dot sight to be fit into the rear sight pocket, so need a counter sunk screw to secure the plate into the elevation screw's hole.

Hmmmmm. Normally I go to McMaster Carr for such things but they don't show a screws in that size/thread pitch. Nor does MSC or Grainger.

Several people sell the screw you want in socket head configuration. they are used for scope rings. Check out DNZ Products under Hardware.

I just bought a complete Eliasson rear sight and some other small bits for a vintage Millett Gold Cup sight.

There are some loose parts on gunbroker and maybe ebay. springs, rolls pins etc.

6-48 are common scope base screws. I have a pile of various Weaver, torx, and fillister head 6-48s if I can help.