Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ramshot Competition w 124gn plated, need data

e-mishka

I'd be curious to see this too, I got an LB to try. Please also include for coated lead. Should be pretty close to plated, maybe just a hair less powder.

Check your bottle. The last couple I bought were packaged as 12oz. I use this powder under a 180gr coated .45LC bullet for my 625. Shoots very soft and clean.

Check your bottle. The last couple I bought were packaged as 12oz. I use this powder under a 180gr coated .45LC bullet for my 625. Shoots very soft and clean.

To be honest I got an applesauce jar full, lol. A buddy bought a bunch of it online and sold me a bit to try, haven't even weighed what I got.

Edited by EngineerEli

I've been running 3.4 gn Comp under hardcast cast lead 124gn conicals with polymer coatings. They perform very similar to plated bullets.
Very soft but cycle reliably in my Glock and 1911 pistols. It smokes a bit, but no signs of pressure so could go up a little.

I'm going to try some MG 124gn CMJ shortly.

Once my 4lb bottle is gone I may have to experiment with Winchester Super Handicap. Rifle powder is back, albeit $$$ but pistol powder is still like unicorn poo!

• 5 months later...