Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reasonable expectations?

Swanny10

it will be two weeks ago on Saturday that I shot my first classifier. The scores have still not been posted. The match director left town on a business trip for four days immediately following the match and didn't take the sheets with him. Okay I understand. A mans paying job takes precedence over our hobby. Then since he hadn't seen his family much in the days leading up to the match he said they would be posted after the following weekend. Again, I understand. His family does and should take precedence over my hobby. It has now been nearly two weeks and he isn't reponding to emails but has time to make several posts on Facebook. I'm starting to get annoyed. Am I being unreasonable? This is a serious question. What is the average wait time for scores to be posted?

It's really unfortunate because I thought he did an excellent job of putting on the classifier and subsequent 3-stage match.

I look at my own scores or take pictures of them, esp for a classifier. Only until recently do local matches have scores up the same day, a year or so back it would take weeks and still does at some small local matches. Again it's really nice to have them quick but with local matches it's not expected.

i wasn't happy with the wait at one of my clubs, so I volunteered to do most of the scoring before we went electronic. Normally had them done by the next morning (to club's website, they had to upload to idpa etc). the MD should say when scores will be out and offer the chore to a volunteer if they want it done quicker.

Several of the rest of us at that match took pictures of our scoresheets so that we know how we did. Now, that doesn't really tell us how we are going to rate compared to other people for the three scenario stages, but it does tell us how we did on the classifier, so you'll know what to expect when it gets posted to IDPA.

Yes, we'd expect the scores to normally be posted long before this. On the other hand, this is the first time that group has held a match that big, and it was the first time at that range. Hopefully in the future, there won't be this problem.

We use UberScoreMaster for our IDPA scores and I get them posted within 3 hours of the match ending. We also average about 70 shooters and this is only me and 1 other person plugging in scores. So it's BS that you have waited 2 weeks for your score, classifier or not. MD needs to appoint someone to do scores in a reasonable amount of time.

I've faced this problem in the past. Asking to take over the scores for them motivated them to do them as they wanted control over it. I think a rare case... You might get what you want if you're the person who is the club contact and uploading stuff to IDPA. For the classifier. Now if you want fast match results all the time, again, ask to take over the data entry.

'Cause you're right, some people don't care about the score as much as you do. So it is agonizing to wait for things to upload. So again, ask to take it over.

To the point of your main question, barring illness or emergency, scores done with paper and pencil and uploaded by someone who still is on dial up and aol should still not take more than 6 days to happen if you ask me.

Rowdy-

I would be all about chipping in and helping. But I live in the boonies. I drove 3 1/2 hours one way to attend that classifier. Tmw I am driving two hours for what I had hoped would be the first match I get to shoot as a classified shooter. Oh well.

I'm saying this with a smile as if we were friends in real life, so please take it as friendly ribbing, "UN is still a classification man!" hahahaha.

Good luck in your match tomorrow. btw, did you add up your classifier times so you just know yourself what you'd be at when it does finally get updated?

I'm saying this with a smile as if we were friends in real life, so please take it as friendly ribbing, "UN is still a classification man!" hahahaha.

Good luck in your match tomorrow. btw, did you add up your classifier times so you just know yourself what you'd be at when it does finally get updated?

Don't worry I can take a hell of a lot worse ribbing than that. I'd better, I'm considered a class A smartass. With regards to my classifier, I took a pic but it came out pretty blurry. If I read and figured correctly I scored 130.84. Right in the middle of the middle.

9.1.2 says "...must upload the appropriate scores to the IDPA Classification Database within seven (7) calendar days"

Be sure you let tomorrow's MD know about your situation. You can ask whether he'll edit the results to put you in the correct classification once your other club gets off the stick.

Might be worth a phone call to IDPA HQ on Monday also to ask them if they can prod the guy to follow the rules...

9.1.2 says "...must upload the appropriate scores to the IDPA Classification Database within seven (7) calendar days"

Be sure you let tomorrow's MD know about your situation. You can ask whether he'll edit the results to put you in the correct classification once your other club gets off the stick.

Might be worth a phone call to IDPA HQ on Monday also to ask them if they can prod the guy to follow the rules...

Thanks Jane. I'm not trying to get anyone in "official" trouble. Which is why I didn't name names or the club. And like I said, this club is far from being my local club. If it really needs to be reported I will let the members who are affected on a regular basis do it. It's unfortunate because I had a good time there and everyone I met was good people including the match director. It may be a moot point. I'm also shooting my first USPSA match this weekend and I have feeling I'm going to enjoy that a lot more.

Don't worry I can take a hell of a lot worse ribbing than that. I'd better, I'm considered a class A smartass. With regards to my classifier, I took a pic but it came out pretty blurry. If I read and figured correctly I scored 130.84. Right in the middle of the middle.

So the results were posted on uber today. I was off with my calcs. I was 123.31. With a procedural for not hiding behind the barrel well enough. I've got to get more cognizant of that.

And as far as the match today...rained out. But I think my first USPSA match is still a go tomorrow.