Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P40 Pro 5" 9mm conversion

DDustin

I've seen this asked before but I'm getting conflicting answers. To convert the 40 to a 9mm do you need a conversion barrel or will a factory barrel be just as good. I understated the 40s hood is slightly wider but some say this matters and others say it has no effect at all. So which is it?

Thanks a lot

Dustin

I've heard both sides of the argument for a couple of years. I don't recall anyone with actual experience (as opposed to repeating internet rumors) of a stock 9mm barrel (with a 9mm mag) not working. I understand the logic behind the conversion barrels fitting better, but I'm not convinced that it's needed. I'm sure the companies that make them would disagree, As well as those who have spent twice the price to get a conversion barrel and want to justify the money spent. JMO ;)

was wondering this myself. I've heard also that the factory 9mm barrel fits a bit "loose" in the 40 slide(at least on the Full size model) but whether that really dramatically effects accuracy I didn't know. My personal 2 cents is that it's probably a wash between a factory 9mm barrel in a 40 slide and a true factory 9mm pro. I think the benefit of the conversion barrels is that you are getting a better grade barrel, or at least are PAYING to get a better grade barrel, and hence should see somewhat better accuracy.

5 inch .40 pro with 15k of 9mm down a 5 inch 9mm factory barrel. Of course I shoot more than I post so take that into consideration.

How is the accuracy out of the barrel? Does it seem to have suffered?

From a glock 35 to 34 perspective I have found that in comparison of the 9mm factory barrel to the KKM 40-9mm conversion barrel the accuracy with freedom munitions 124gr 9mm and 115gr 9mm ammo is better with the KKM conversion barrel i have made shots out to 100 yards with not problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Brine0

Dropping a factory 9mm barrel into a .40 slide yields perfectly acceptable accuracy and reliability as far as I can tell. I have done it with a .40 Pro 5", a 4.25" "Pro Series" .40 slide and a 5" .40 C.O.R.E. slide.