Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

8.5lb Hammer Spring Questions (SP-01)

Malarkey

I was given 500 WPA primers. And amazingly with the 8.5 hammer spring they all went off first time no problem. I might never buy another federal primer.

Wow, good to have an alternative. I usually go federal but i would like to try others that work. How many did you test out?

I use the CZC extended firing pin. Due to a different arrangement with a competitor of CGW I'm not running their stuff in my gun. Though I have in the past and things I've used of theirs work great. Oh wait, I do have their trigger return spring pin in my gun. hahaha.

Thank you for the tip. I have been having a lot of qc issues with my ammo lately, so i'll start there.

Edited by rowdyb

I was given 500 WPA primers. And amazingly with the 8.5 hammer spring they all went off first time no problem. I might never buy another federal primer.

Wow, good to have an alternative. I usually go federal but i would like to try others that work. How many did you test out?

I have fired all 500 And 1000 more. I have had zero light strikes. I recently picked up 15000 more. I will continue to use the WPA primers for training and federal for big matches.

Wolf Performance Ammunition.

thanks, wolf primers for me did not work with the 8.5, but that was a few years back and i believe they are different since first appearing on the scene

I just stopped using Tula primers due to a lot of light strikes in my 9Major 2011. I had shot a sleeve of them prior and they were fine. The last two sleeves gave me nothing but trouble. I kept thinking my mainspring or FP or ignition parts were failing. I asked a buddy to loan me some of his CCI SPP and it all went away. Due to that, I won't be trying the Tula/Wolf primers anytime soon. On another note, I got the 8.5 and 11 lb springs in from CGW (fast shipping, wow) so I will be trying those out soon. I will be using Federal primers for the Shadows.

Sent from the range

I installed the 8.5# spring in my back-up gun and shot a few mags through it. Winchester primers all went off the first time. The primer dent doesn't really look much different than using the 11.5# spring.