Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fun in Washington DC

Sgtsvi

I just went to DC for a Fraternal Order of Police function and had the privilage of meeting one of the DC Capitol police firearms instructors. He took me and my buddies to the range in the basement of the Capitol and let us have fun with some of thier hardware. These guys have great equipment and are serious about their training. The weapon on the far right is a prototype M4 with an 8" barrel. Needless to say it was a bit loud.

I am the handsome fellow on the left with the HK PDW.

Dave

DTeel.jpg

That indoor range sure looks familiar!

Dave,

Mike said that he met an IPSC shooter from TX. He mentioned that you were the only guy that was really squared away! :P I was wondering who he was talking about!

Squared away? Surely not Sgt. Glock :D

KS

Hey gmshter,

You must be Mr. Strater that Mike was talking about. He said if you had been there you and I would have had alot to talk about. I ended up kinda helping Mike out with some of the other shooters that were trying out your guns. One Homer Simpson looking guy from I dont know where looked at the glock 22 like it was a space gun. I knew we were in trouble then. I think I yelled finger out of habit a couple of times with him and another guy. I was impressed with your facility and equipment. Tell Mike thanks again and I look forward to hanging out with him again. I also look forward to meeting you and burning some powder.

Dave

you guys should shoot some of the new Speer duty ammo that is being made for the Capitol cops. I dont think it would have any problem making power factor. It runs about 195,000 if I can recall. The Capitol cops are VERY squared away and professional about their duties. After meeting a few of them, you can all feel safe about the security of our nations Capitol.

Be nice Kevin. Remember that you need some once fired .40 brass really soon :P

Dave

And, Dave....if you saw what I saw, your confidence in us may not be quite as solid. Hell, I'm afraid just being behind the firing line sometimes. There are some days I would feel safer in front of it! :lol:

BUT.....they pay me every other week, whether I need it or not!

Later

Edited by Flexmoney

Phil,

My dealings were limited to Mike and Andy. I made my decision based on those two guys and the way they handle things. We have some pretty scary people on the firing line here in Dallas also. I guess that problem is pretty wide spread in law enforcement.

Dave