Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clipped springs

bayougump

I was wondering when any of y'all are running a coil clipped hammer spring or firing pin spring, which end do you put the clipped section? Such as with a hammer spring, do you put the clipped end down into the channel or have it on the opposite end over the strut? Or with the FP spring, do you have the clipped end facing forward or backwards on the firing pin? Hope I am making sense.

Or does it matter? Has anyone noticed any effects one way or another doing this?

I was wondering when any of y'all are running a coil clipped hammer spring or firing pin spring, which end do you put the clipped section? Such as with a hammer spring, do you put the clipped end down into the channel or have it on the opposite end over the strut? Or with the FP spring, do you have the clipped end facing forward or backwards on the firing pin? Hope I am making sense.

Or does it matter? Has anyone noticed any https://www.cho.org/gw/webacc?User.context=7dc38ac75704ded4c2cc1a4762c758f28cd9da&merge=main&refresh=1429720039195effects one way or another doing this?

On hammer spring clip is down flatten smooth with dremel.

Firing pin spring clip is backward meaning attached in the hub, also smooth to flat so no dragging.

Hope it helps

So the clipped FP spring would be facing me if I am pointing the gun right? Yea I always take a little sanding stone and rub off any sharp edges and smooth out when I clip any springs. I just wondered if say the hammer or plunger spring that had been clipped would affect trigger pull weight or performance depending on which end it was facing. Thanks

Yeah put the clipped part where it won't move.

On the plunger, I curl that clipped coil in a little tighter and put it at the bottom.

On the hammer spring, I bend the clipped coil a tiny bit to make it flatten out and put that at the bottom.