Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Press - Handle coming loose

shooterrdy

I am looking for the size of lock nut I need to keep the handle on the press from working loose all the time. I tried a 5/8 and it does not thread. anyone know the exact thread size so I can grab a lock nut for it?

Thanks

The nylon nuts that they come with can be a pain for some people to tighten. It does take a considerable amount of force to tighten it correctly. Dont take this the wrong way, but if you cant do it, have a friend who is stronger than you are do it.

Using blue loctite will only hold for a short amount of time if the nut isnt tightened all the way...

Unless your the Hulk, you won't hurt anything. Tighten the hell outta. My problem was I'd get the handle where I needed it, tighten it, then use both hands to crank on it and then the handle would spin just enough to throw it out of line. If you can, get it where you need it, tighten it the best you can, then have someone hold it and crank on it some more. And a socket makes it a lot easier too, if you have one.

I am looking for the size of lock nut I need to keep the handle on the press from working loose all the time. I tried a 5/8 and it does not thread. anyone know the exact thread size so I can grab a lock nut for it?

Thanks

If it's the EZ handle I used a 3 foot pipe over the handle and then tighten the nut. Edited by freedoms