Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
2Xalpha

Iron Sights for IPSC Rifle/ USPSA & 3Gun Heavy Metal Limited

6 minutes ago, HRider said:

I drill an tap a hole through the side plate of the base into the top part, then screw in a 6-32 screw to lock the sight into the up position. It is pretty tight as it comes, but with the screw, it is locked together as a solid piece. If you ever want to fold it down, just remove the screw and it works like they intended. 

Hurley

957597726_JPCTR-02frontsight.JPG.2520ddc

In the photo, you can see the screw to the left of the pivot pin in the sight. The plastic cap to protect the thin front sight post from getting bent while in the bag of taking the carbine out of the bag.

Hurley

Without Armalite's clamp on, I was also looking for an irons solution. For now, I'm borrowing a Spitfire AR 1x prism. If budget isnt really a concern, the Ultradyne Apollo brake/sight combo is pretty interesting, and if you were worried about it folding, you could maybe modify it like Hurley's YHM.

14 hours ago, HRider said:

957597726_JPCTR-02frontsight.JPG.2520ddc

In the photo, you can see the screw to the left of the pivot pin in the sight. The plastic cap to protect the thin front sight post from getting bent while in the bag of taking the carbine out of the bag.

Hurley

Dang, I really like that. I think that is the route I am gonna go.

14 hours ago, Midwest3Gunner said:

Without Armalite's clamp on, I was also looking for an irons solution. For now, I'm borrowing a Spitfire AR 1x prism. If budget isnt really a concern, the Ultradyne Apollo brake/sight combo is pretty interesting, and if you were worried about it folding, you could maybe modify it like Hurley's YHM.

I think if I decide to build a specific upper for Limited, I will go the Ultradyne route. On a 20" barrel, it would be about the longest sight radius possible. Right now I am looking at retrofitting a current 18" upper I have.

This is my 2017 World Shoot Russia setup which I used also on 2019 Wolrd Shoot  Sweden. All settings and adjustments exactly same because I used same ammo on both matches. :)

Both sights are Nord Arms.

IronSights2017.jpg