Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP-01 Shadow Mags - Which work best?

gng4life

I have read a few times that the factory SP-01 mags are not as reliable as the MecGar mags for the SP-01. For those who have tried or run both, what do you say? I am looking to use them in an Accu Shadow 9mm for USPSA Production.

Thanks

I've had good experience with the MecGar 17 rounders. Ditto the plated 17-rnders that you can get from CZC. But the blued MecGar ones are cheaper...

I use the stock SP-01 mags just for dry-fire loaded with dummies.

+1 MegGar 17 round mags for Production.

I also use the long stock mags (with extra power springs) to load up in capacity when I use this gun in limited minor (which is a lot of fun by the way)

eric

Edited by eric4069

I've had good experience with the MecGar 17 rounders. Ditto the plated 17-rnders that you can get from CZC. But the blued MecGar ones are cheaper...

Thanks! You are talking about these, right? http://www.cdnnsports.com/cz75-9mm-17rd-anti-frict.html#.VTfcNPnF-4I

Also, why do you just dry fire with the factory mags? I have heard that a few times now and I don't know why...Thanks

Thanks! You are talking about these, right? http://www.cdnnsports.com/cz75-9mm-17rd-anti-frict.html#.VTfcNPnF-4I

Also, why do you just dry fire with the factory mags? I have heard that a few times now and I don't know why...Thanks

The difference that I've seen between factory SP-01 mags and the Mec-Gar 17s is how stiff the spring is. I was having feeding jams with stock mags and put Wolfe +10's in and they work fine.

I dry fire about a half hour a day. Trigger pull ratio of about 7 to 1. If I'd realize that I was going to have to change the springs early on my stock mags, they'd be on the dry fire belt and I'd have saved spring money.

I dry fire with mags I don't care about. Reason being, constantly ejecting mags that are loaded with dummy rounds can be hard on the feed lips. Yeah, the mags I use for competition are gonna hit the ground during a match, but my dry-fire mags get way more abuse since I'm dry firing several nights a week and doing a lot of reload drills whereas I may only live fire once or twice per week at a match and a practice session. In reality the number of mags we drop in a 5-6 stage match is probably less than one dry-fire session.

I have read a few times that the factory SP-01 mags are not as reliable as the MecGar mags for the SP-01. For those who have tried or run both, what do you say? I am looking to use them in an Accu Shadow 9mm for USPSA Production.

Thanks

Every FTF I have had with my CZ's over the years occured with the 18/19 rd SP01 mags, even with the + 10/15% springs. I have had great success with the 16 rounders and the the Mecgar 17/19 rounders.

I only use the SP01 mags with my CZC magwell.

Edited by himurax13

The Mecgar mags seem to work the best. I had 5 of the stock SP-01 CZ mags and 2 of them cracked in the area of the feed lips and one cracked along the sides of the little rails on the bottom and the base fell off. The Mecgars look pretty beat up but keep going.

I used the stock mags for a while and never had any problems. i switched them for the nickle CZ custom mags and they are great they dont get surface rust and have to be constantly cleaned like the stock ones and they are just smoother and work great