Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heavy mag release on my TS

jayjay1

Hello everybody,

the mag release button on my TS is really very hard to push.

That leads to issues by inserting the mag, because of the resistance it sometimes doesn´t get locked properly and I get no bullets feeded.

(Have to hammer on the mag bottom then and doing a reload).

And I have to push the button really strong, or the mags won´t come out.

Long story, short question:

What can I do, to get a "lighter" / better mag release?

I think you may have two different issues here. First, the TS mag release is a little harder to push in than say a 1911 with a standard spring, but that is by design. The mag release sticks so far out that it comes into contact with the weak hand. If the spring were any weaker, accidental mag drops would be normal.

Second, the stock springs in the TS mags are stiff. It takes a whack to seat a fully loaded mag into the gun when the slide is closed. With the slide open, all it takes is a gentle push with your little finger to seat the mag. The CZC springs are softer, but don't eliminate the problem. I run mags with the extended base plates. I put 19 rounds in mags that use the standard TS spring and follower and 20 in mags that have the CZC spring and plank follower. Then the mags seat with a closed slide with just a normal push.

I think you may have two different issues here. First, the TS mag release is a little harder to push in than say a 1911 with a standard spring, but that is by design. The mag release sticks so far out that it comes into contact with the weak hand. If the spring were any weaker, accidental mag drops would be normal.

This ^^^^ I messed with one and had problems after that. Replaced with the stock unadulterated spring and no more mags falling from my gun.

Archived