Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

22/45 trigger pull too light

harryorwell

I have done a complete rework of a 22/45 lite with Volquartsen parts. The single and only part I have not replaced is the diabolical switchblade like sickle torture device they call the main spring. I swear the devil designed this gun. Anyway I now have a 1 3/4 pound trigger pull that is very nice and crisp but it is a little too light for my taste. I'm not sure if something is wrong or its just supposed to be that light. I noticed that there is a little play between the hammer bushing and the trigger bar/disconnector that I don't remember seeing in other 22/45's but I don't have another one for reference and I'm sure they would frown upon me taking down a new one at the LGS. Can someone here tell me if that loosness is typical or if it may have a problem that may cause the light pulls. If someone has some insight as to the best way to add a little pull weight I'm all ears. Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a little play. Mine is like that too. It won't affect your trigger pull. Mine is around 2# too so no worries there. As long as it's assembled correctly you shouldn't have an issue. Any questions lemme know. I've had mine apart so many times.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Put a heavier factory spring back into it somewhere or take the VQ sear out, and play with factory / VQ part combinations until you come up with a combination that feels how you like.

I had their sear and a marvel trigger and light springs in mine and got what you have - too light, zero travel.

I shoot production with striker fired guns and this gun (for rimfire optic in steel challenge) had a totally foreign trigger to my M&P for all other disciplines. I took the VQ sear out to get back up to around 4 pounds and with some ability to prep it the way I'm used to. (The marvel trigger has pre/over travel stops and an altered pivot point to lighten the pull.)

Mix and match, sell the unwanted parts on eBay.

I'm sorry to say that you'll have to put this infernal firearm together from detail stripping it over and over.