Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon Accupoint 1-6 arrived

ccoker

Daddy likes!

I just got this in, the new 1-6 Trijicon Accupoint. It has a mil dot reticle with a small center lit dot It is the same reticle they have been using in the larger Accupoints. I am personally not a big fan of BDC reticles and a simple mil dot just works. Capped elevation and windage with the adjustments at .1 mil.

The adjustment for the fiber optic which controls how much light is being fed to the fiber optic and thus how bright it is in the daylight has changed to a dial on the top of the rear ocular. Very clean.

The power lever has a built in cattail for switching power fast. Nice.

How does it perform?

Well, at first glance I would say the glass is very nice, it sure looks to me like they made some improvements in glass. It has absolute edge to edge clarity. The image is very flat and there is no tunneling or fisheye effect whatsoever.

I will get it mounted up and do some shooting with it ASAP!

wpid-20150420_190331-e1429629877418.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, they have the VCOG for that I guess.

Yea but for more than 1000 more. Not worth it to me. Thats more than I paid for my Swarovski. Looks like a good scope but with poor reticle choices. Pretty much the same situation as the original TR24.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

well, they have the VCOG for that I guess.

Yea but for more than 1000 more. Not worth it to me. Thats more than I paid for my Swarovski. Looks like a good scope but with poor reticle choices. Pretty much the same situation as the original TR24.

Pat

I don't know - the MOA or MIL dot reticles don't look that bad to me. Certainly more usable than some out there. Not as nice as some others, but the scope offers a decent mix of features.

TR25-C-200089_reticle_popup.jpg

For several years my 3-gun scope was a TR-21 1.25 - 4. Love it out to 300 yards, but with the triangle - post reticle holdovers beyond that are problematic. Having the mildot option is certainly an improvement over that, but for the price Alaskapopo is certainly right.

• 3 months later...

Just zeroed one of these for FNH 3 Gun Match. I like the red triangle, which is 2.2 MOA at 6x. Still awesome at 1x, one of the best CQB scopes ever. Very easy to zero at 200-I use a 200 yd gong and you can see the hits on the gong. Very easy to see hits at 25 meters if you're doing a quick zero check at a match. I got this plus a Warne Skel mount for 2000 from Amazon. Very good scope. No batteries. Shooting from dark inside to bright sun, the reticle is black, otherwise bright red.

You just need one reticle.....the simplest one available when you buy the scope. Always annoys me about US made scopes the amount of crap they put in the reticles, making them practically useless for ipsc rifle. Fortunately Trijicon have a very nice reticle which is the triangle post.

You just need one reticle.....the simplest one available when you buy the scope. Always annoys me about US made scopes the amount of crap they put in the reticles, making them practically useless for ipsc rifle. Fortunately Trijicon have a very nice reticle which is the triangle post.

Different strokes for different folks. Not sure how you can make a reticle work that is just a post past 300 yards. I know a lot of shooters who struggled with he scope you like so much on all the long range stages at the Texas Multi gun matches we attended.

Habit maybe, I know of virtually no high level ipsc rifle shooters that use BDC reticle. Swarovski Z6i 1-6 with the LDI reticle have been totally dominant since it came out, and now the Zeiss V8 is starting to show up.

Past 200m we click for the range you shoot and adjust point of aim at distances below that. You can ask pretty much anyone over here how they want their reticle and the answer will be "as simple as possible"

You dont dial in the middle of cof. You dial for the furthest target before you're going to shoot the stage, and then you adjust your aim for the targets that are closer....just shoot extra low on the 100m targets if you're dialed for 300 for instance. And then for really close up stuff just use the offset red dot.

You're never going to get bdc reticles that have enough lines for all the different ranges you shoot at, so if your shooting at say small steel at 270m then the most precise way of hitting it is to dial for exactly 270 and just shoot where you need to shoot on the closer targets.....well, at least thats the most common way of doing it over here.

At the recent nordic championship there was a stage with paper and steel at about 5-30-100-150-200 and 300 meters. I dialed for 300m and used my offset red dot at the 5 meter targets and then shooting either high or low at all targets except for the 300 ones where I was right on....Just visualize your aim on all targets when planning the stage and doing walkthrough, then execute as planned :ph34r:

Edited by slemmo

You guys are cross talking! IPSC caps target distance at 300M also the target presentations are to say the least GREAT!!! There has never been a target that wasn't clearly visible to the naked eye and with a 300 yard zero I have never had to dial up or down using my good old iron sight rifle. The difference is night and day in comparing U.S. 3-gun to IPSC rifle. I really couldn't see using much more than a 4X scope for anything I have seen over there, and the old Zeiss 1.1-4X with a single dot would be my choice!

Now we move on to 3-gun. varying sized targets. Target presentations range from good to absolutely horrid. Distances out to 500-600 and beyond. Having a B.D.C. retical, or at least some form of reference for hold over past 400 is almost mandatory. Dialing on the clock kills times, and it is more than common to have close, medium and then way too far in the same stage. Two very different types of shooting! Slemmo, I have shot some IPSC rifle matches and I have shot several 3-gun matches and I can tell you that your thoughts on this matter would probably change if forced to put up with what we deal with at a 3-gun match.