Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gunfighting v. Practical Shooting

FNC80

Must have been shooting powder puff loads through El Colonel's pistole because we ALL know that the modern IPSC/isoceles stance is incapable of withstanding the recoil of a full house .45! :ph34r:

It's interesting to look at the firearms/shooting community and break it down into those who train with the intent of using a handgun in a defensive manner (gunfighting) and those who train with the intent of using a handgun in competition (IPSC, IDPA, Steel).

I'm not so sure of the bright line distinction between the two groups. I have made one observation however. Those in the "Tactical world" who deride IPSC/USPSA don't shoot it - for whatever reason - and most never even have. But EVERY single IPSC/USPSA shooter that I know who has been in a gunfight commented on how competitive shooting helped them survive.

The military does not contract with Voigt, Barnhart and TGO for nothing.......

• 3 weeks later...
First one was clearing a jam, had a stove pipe and cleared it without thinking, in fact it wasn't till many hours later, in bed going through it that I remember I had cleared a jam. Walther PPK

Second one was point shooting, don't remember the draw, or clicking the safety, just top of slide and the target, and 2 rounds. Para P12 with commander slide.

Now that you don't think I'm a cold blooded killer, first one was robbery at gun point at a gas station, two guys got me from behind and each put a gun in my back. I gave them my money, like I was taught in my LFI class, a ten dollar bill around some ones around my credit card. Told them I wanted no trouble and didn't not want to see there faces. They walked off then saw how little they had gotten and turned to come back. Which had give me time to get my PPK out. They had there pistols buy there sides, looked like a auto and a revolver, I used my car for cover and put round in dirt in front of each of them. Then waited to see the reaction if they would have brought the guns up, I would have emptied that wimpy 32auto on them. I was lucky they went straight up, then around and were gone, have to admit I fired a few more rounds in the dirt behind them. They were fast a foot.

Next one was bad guy and his pit bull, when I refused to give up the cash he dropped the leash on pit bull, I drew and dropped that dog faster than I ever thought I could move. Then I had muzzle on him, he had managed to get his hand on his pistol in his waist band, again if I had saw any movement I would have opened up, but he turned and ran also, I fired no more shots.  I guess without LFI class I might have shot them both. But after learning about the hassles and lawsuites I think I made the best choices.

I bet your wondering where the hell this kinda shit happens, one was at a well lite Exon station near Interstate standing under bright lights. Second one was in a parking lot, dark, behind a nice restarunt, but was adjacent to a bad neighborhood.

You DA MAN! The only mistake you made was that 32 Auto a .45 ACP looks like a cannon to a bad guy especially when pointed at his head with that beautiful CTC Red Dot dancing on his small stupid cranium.

OOOH-RRRAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):wub: