Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sending a 550B in for Refurb

I bought a used 550B at a yard sale, that I would like to send back to Dillion for a refurb. Lady said her father bought it 10 years ago, used it for a couple years then put it in a box. Box was left in the garage for 8 years. It came with complete tool head sets for 9mm, 40 S&W, 45 ACP, all dillion dies. Would it be worth it to just pack it all up and send it back to dillion for a refurb? There is some surface rust on the press and the dies also have rust

I bought 2 550s and an RL1050 at a garage sale. The 550s cleaned up and worked well immediately! They really are pretty straight forward. It took a little to get the RL1050 going. In fact, I was ready to chuck the press! I spent a lot of time on this forum and received quite an education. It's working perfectly now. All in all, it was a good learning exercise for sure. Hind sight, I probably should have sent in the 1050.

I'd send it in also. All three of my Dillons were purchased new (more or less, my 650 was bought by a gentlemen who decided it was not needed, never reloaded on it, it was packed in the box when I got it, case feeder just arrived so I'm about to get .45 with it!), but on a used unit that has sat in a garage for 8 years, the fee/charge might in fact be the best money you've ever spent, no brainer!

Piece of mind is priceless :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Dillon charged me $49 a year or so back to refurb a 25 year old 550 I found in a friends drawer. Rust, missing pieces, and the pins were frozen. Fortunately I'm close so I didn't have to pay shipping. The best $49 I spent on reloading gear.

Archived