Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a new barrel.

93notch

jeez there are so many options. I dont know what to do. Most of the shooting at the local matches is 100 and under but i am going to do some traveling and the shoots i am looking at had some shots out to 600 last year so i dont think that my 10.5 inch is going to be the best choice.

For the money.....and the accuracy......hands down....Faxxon is very hard to beat.

I've got a builds with that 16" mid length pencil profile barrel.....no movement on POI....the barrel weighs in at 1.25 pounds too!!

http://www.faxonfirearms.com/p/81/16-556-ar-15-4150-black-qpq-pencil-mid-gas

Funny....out of stock again......go figure at $149

And....well.....as of last year at least, they are really starting to support the 3 gun crowd now too.....I'm sure that will grow.

Edited by TRUBL

i went with a Nordic 18in with the rifle length gas system. Now just to decided on the muzzle brake. I have my cheap knock off version of the titan, But i have my eye on the Witt machine new recoil eliminator,

The Nordic is a nice barrel, but comes with a smaller-than-normal gas port. From what I have seen, it may not always produce enough gas to be used with an adjustable gas block. A friend of mine tried to run one with a JP adjustable block and was never able to get it to run 100%. After having numerous functional problems at a recent major, he had to switch to a non-adjustable gas block to get it to run reliably. If you do get the Nordic, and want to use an adjustable gas block, consider drilling out the gas port.

The whole point of the nordic is to run a fixed gas block with a JP low mass carrier system.

Pat

How bad do the faxon barrels open up under fast firing heating up

We would rephrase. "How little do they open up?" :)

Very little. I shoot "hoser stages" and am on with red-dots at 400 meters with first shots.

What comp are you guys running with the pencil barrels. I'm seeing nothing for a .625 . Are you putting a larger one on and leaving it or taking it to a machines and turning it down on a lathe

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...