Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barrel length question....

Bacus, 16" rifle gas? You sure about that? I've never even seen one for sale. I do own a 16.5" rifle gas, however, and like it a lot.

Sorry for the slow response. I bought an 18" Mega Arms rifle gas barrel and sent it to ADCO and had them cut it to 16.1". But I would genericly refer to all 16.something barrels as 16".

Bacus, 16" rifle gas? You sure about that? I've never even seen one for sale. I do own a 16.5" rifle gas, however, and like it a lot.

Sorry for the slow response. I bought an 18" Mega Arms rifle gas barrel and sent it to ADCO and had them cut it to 16.1". But I would genericly refer to all 16.something barrels as 16".

http://micromoa.com/16-rifle-gas-fluted-5-56-nato-1-7-barrel/

Apparently they do exist. I've never seen one in the wild though. Makes me want to start a new project......

Edited by gdcguns

• 2 weeks later...

The honest answer in all of this, should be based on what you want it to do. The longer the barrel muzzle velocity increases. generally this means better accuracy. The longer the gas system, will also reduce felt recoil, and wear and tear on the gun. Shorter gas system will cause the gun to operate hotter, which in competition shortens barrel life.