Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Perfect Powder Baffle

If you're using a Dillon low powder sensor you'll need to modify it when you use the Perfect Powder Baffle.   You have to shorten the threaded rod on the sensor.  I had to use a die to add threads to the rod then cut it to fit.

I like the powder baffles in the tubes for more consistent throws but that powder quick disconnect, not sure the real value,  I take the entire tool head off and dump powder plus I have a powder tube for all my tool head and die setups and not sure this would have changed my thoughts on having the entire tool head setup and ready to go for each caliber.  

On 6/24/2018 at 11:12 AM, perttime said:

What kind of powders are you using when you need an extra baffle in addition to Dillon's stock baffle?

The built in powder baffle is nearly worthless.

I've only ever used Vihtavuori powders and they have been very consistent in my old Dillon SDB, out of the box. The first charge after I take a break is often 0.1gr or 0.2gr over - but the rest stay well inside 0.1gr from full hopper to close to the bottom of the baffle.

On 6/24/2018 at 8:14 AM, Tachead7075 said:

This one is even nicer...

https://armanov.com/eu-shop/reloading/dillon-parts-upgrades/quick-disconnect-dillon-powder-measure/

I still prefer the Uniquetek just for emptying powder though as you don't have to remover the whole hopper.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I can assure you, the entirely crimson model is better made. Its cornered, relieved, and cut in such a way as to actually help you pull the tab.

my buddy has the armanov, and hates that its a side to side pinch affair on a stubby stem.

I can assure you, the entirely crimson model is better made. Its cornered, relieved, and cut in such a way as to actually help you pull the tab.

my buddy has the armanov, and hates that its a side to side pinch affair on a stubby stem.

Good to know, thanks. If I ever decide to order one I will get the ET one.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

On 7/8/2018 at 2:27 PM, hoodhazard said:

Speculating, but this may be of use on extruded powders for some of my purposes but the standard dillon set up has been quite adequate for decades on everything else.

The powders that I've used with good consistency through an out of the box Dillon are tubular. Manufacturer specs show grain dimensions from 0.6 X 0.6mm to 1.1 X 0.8mm ( 0.024" X 0.024" to 0.043" X 0.031")

On 7/6/2018 at 9:41 PM, Alderleet said:

You were about an hour late with that post. I wouldve EC before armanov :(

My armanov one was very tight and I just sort of shoved it down in there. May be a problem to get out if I ever need too. 

On 3/19/2018 at 10:49 PM, Superpipe9 said:

So far it has been great and has fixed the inconsistency with prima V

What inconsistency?

I’ve loaded Prima V with an unmodified powder measure on a 650 for a year straight. The Standard Deviation on my last chrono test was 1.62, which I didn’t believe would be possible.

It’s always shown an SD under 6.

What inconsistency?

I’ve loaded Prima V with an unmodified powder measure on a 650 for a year straight. The Standard Deviation on my last chrono test was 1.62, which I didn’t believe would be possible.

It’s always shown an SD under 6.

How many rounds? The best I’ve gotten is 7.6 with 15 shots of vv320

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, cvincent said:

How many rounds? The best I’ve gotten is 7.6 with 15 shots of vv320

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically 10. But it was more like 16... it kept throwing out duplicates of 1,112 FPS.

I fired four in a row. Then two, and two again. If they had counted it would have been even lower.

All ten rounds it clocked were between 1,111 and 1,116 FPS. It was kinda surreal.

Edited by MemphisMechanic