Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most Accurate 9mm Bullet

RMark

What does shooting USPSA at B level have to do with accruacy?

That's why I said it might be a rude question. With only a few posts, you might very well have been a novice. If so, then finding the most accurate bullet might not be the best way to spend your time as compared to practice and training.

As to what a B level has to do with accuracy, well if you were a D shooter then odds are pretty good that a more accurate bullet wasn't going to help you much.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My best accuracy so far has been with Hornady .355 dia. 115 HAP bullets. I would like to try some of their 125 HAP's. Very good performance with Bayou 135's. But right now I get sufficient accuracy for the ranges I'm shooting using Black and Blue Bullets NLG 147's.

My best accuracy so far has been with Hornady .355 dia. 115 HAP bullets. I would like to try some of their 125 HAP's.

In my Glocks they shot exactly the same. Both loaded with just enough n340 to give reliable function with factory springs.

I found the Hornady 125 HAPs to be the most accurate from several 9mms. Much more so than MGs or Zeros. Last year I switched to X-treme 125 HPs. They are better than many of the mentioned bullets, but you do have to be more precise in working up a load, specifically adjusting crimp. Now that I have that done, the difference in negligible.

Out of my XDM 5.25 the Precision Delta 124 JHP and Hornady HAP 125 JHP give me the best accuracy. Out of my gun they shoot the same size groups from a rest out to 25 yds., which is under 2". The Precision Delta is way cheaper though if you order at least 2k.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to go with plated bullets, only one i would suggest is Rainier Ballistics copper plated. Hollow Point. They hold a very tight group @ 50yds, consistently. Using a 124gr. at 1400fps out of a 2011 Open pistol, with Cmore with a 2moa dot off a rest. Very impressive. Good luck.

Edited by a matt

What's the most accurate 9mm around 50 yards with a carbine 16 " barrel. Using a bench rest I just wanted to know what the tightest 9mm groups from 50+ yards you could ever get.

Depends on the barrel, there is no single answer. As noted earlier in the thread, there are some high quality JHP bullets which should yield the best accuracy.

What's the most accurate 9mm around 50 yards with a carbine 16 " barrel. Using a bench rest I just wanted to know what the tightest 9mm groups from 50+ yards you could ever get.

I have shot 5/8-3/4" groups, 5 shot groups, at 50 yards with pistol caliber lever action carbines. I don't think there is any inherent reason a 9mm carbine couldn't do that.

There is no magic bullet that is the most accurate. While one brand may shoot the lights out in a particular gun and barrel combination the same bullet would not get on paper at 50 yards in another. Here is where you have to put in the time and work. Get a sample from everyone including all the different powders, primers and brass and spend the next 6 months working up loads with differing combinations. Every gun is a law unto its self and each one will require the same amount of work to establish which bullet/powder combination is THE most accurate. Pick what is most popular and then go to work. You may find it takes the most expensive bullet made or you may find a combination that the rest of us would not even consider but somewhere in between you will find what you are looking for.

Edited by bowenbuilt

While that may be true if you can find a bullet that sells for 5 cents a round that will shoot the same groups at 50 yards as one that sells for 20 cents, and that is entirely possible, or a heavier bullet or lighter bullet that would provide a significant edge at whatever price, it is good to know what your guns limitations are and therefore try as many as possible just to see what NOT to buy. There have been many occasions that a particular brand is on back order for 6 months and that is why I suggested to try them all.

The most accurate 9mm bullets are going to be whatever the bianchi guys are shooting and I am lead to understand it will be either a Sierra or a Nosler, but I don't have any first hand information.

Good luck not going broke shooting either of those brands.

In Bianchi, Zero is probably the most used bullet (the new conical style), then Hornady (XTP and HAP), then Sierra. Last year's winner shoots Zero. I found no appreciable difference between Zero, HAP and XTP in my gun.

In Bianchi, Zero is probably the most used bullet (the new conical style), then Hornady (XTP and HAP), then Sierra. Last year's winner shoots Zero. I found no appreciable difference between Zero, HAP and XTP in my gun.

I would like to try that Zero bullet but can never find them in stock. The HAP has been relatively easy to find.

What is the most accurate 9mm bullet? I would like to stay with the 147gr range ,but what is the most accurate? I am shooting IDPA and USPSA.

I'm going to ask what may seem like a very rude question... How good a shot are you? Can you shoot a USPSA match at a B level using something like Atlanta Arms ammunition?

If you can't then you can probably spend all the time and money you want on a search for the most accurate ammo and still not improve your scores significantly.

True, USPSA isnt exactly an accuracy game to that extent anyway

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, I know I will have to find what will work for me . I am just asking what works for you. I am shoot a M&P 9mm Pro stock.

Mark

How new is your Pro?

Is there any punch marks on the side of the bbl?

My old, original Pro bbl, with no punch marks shot most accurate with 124 XTPs & Zero 125 grain, .356 jhps

S&W replaced my bbl with a bbl with one punch mark, and the best accuracy is with a Zero 147 JHP.

Edited by RH45

I was giggling to myself earlier while loading a batch of Blue Bullet 147's, that they look like crayons.

Ha! My girlfriend says I shoot for team Crayola when I load up greenbayou 147 flat tips.

I have never used them, but Zero brand is used in a lot of precision competitions that I have been to. I see a lot of guys using them at Bianchi Cup, Camp Perry and the National PPC Championship. Whole different game when shooting targets at 50 yards.