Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whelp I had my very first match today

jtrump

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=14185

Shooting single stack division, Jonathan and they spelled my last name wrong haha.

What do you guys think?

I know I was a nervous wreck, and I know now what I need to practice on. picked up 2 mike's on a stage for simple crowding the barricades, the other Mike no idea..

But that was the most fun I can say I've had with my clothes on in a long long time!!!!!

Edited by jtrump

From looking at the scores, I'm not really certain if I need to pick up the pace at the cost of dropping a few A's into C's? I know where the Mikes came from they were my fault but it seems the time played a big role in the overall outcome. Or work on shooting as many A's but just faster hah.. Damn it I'm going to be shooting a lot more now.

Good for you.. The first match will usually hook you and keep you coming back.

As I remember, the 3rd or 4th match is the one that slams you to the wall and makes you grit you teeth and say " I can do better than this and I am going too"

After that, money has no meaning, only "A"s count.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing this game for a few years, and have met most of my short term goals as far as classification....I still get sweaty palms on every stage at local matches before the beep. No matter how much I tell myself "I am here to have fun....standings do not matter", I still feel pressure to do well. I think I'm starting to have flashbacks of my dad yelling at me from the stands during little league games :roflol:

Safety is the first concern,too many new comers see the speed so many have and try to copy that right off. WAY to get DQ'D or worse, work on reloads,double taps,dry firing. Speed comes with experience,don't rush it and enjoy.

Have seen people at beginning get DQ'D and never return great sport enjoy and good luck.

I probably should have been DQ'd for my finger wandering into the trigger guard during a mag change at my first match but they let me keep shooting.

Now I'm practicing mag changes with very intentional finger placement.