Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competitors complaining "it's not fair"

Waterfowl-widowmaker

I went to a Law Enforcement only pistol match recently. It states I the rules that you must use duty "type" guns. I had started building a 9mm 2011 myself in January, my first attempt to build anything. I was literally working out some of my screw ups at 10:30 the night before the match. There is absolutely nothing special about this gun, it's all off the shelf parts. Before we even start, the match director comes to me because some of the other guys are complaining about my gun, saying its a competition gun. I had to explain to him that the 2011 is used by several law enforcement officers including several Swat Teams. Most of the other guys are shooting glocks, but not thier duty glocks. One guy was shooting a gun he had sent to Wilson Combat to be customized, but no one complained about his gun. I was ultimately allowed to use my gun and won the match. It sucks that people complain about the gun someone is using and use that as an excuse for not winning. Man up and practice more than once a year. If it requires a mag change from a glock to clear the plate rack at 15 yards, it may be the Indian not the bow.

This thread was closed because the content/topic was judged not to be in line with the rules of the Hate Forum. (mostly likely politics or shooting related..which are out of bounds)

Please review what you are..ahhh...allowed to hate. :)

Hate Forum Rules:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8097

[note: this is a generic reply]