Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Had to bury my dog this morning

Rob D

Thanks to everyone for your support and kind words. I'm feeling better today than I was Saturday, but I think it's going to take a while before I stop expecting to see him when I get home from work on wake up in the morning.

Sorry for your loss. I had my 16 year old Blue Heeler put down about a month ago. One of the toughest things I've had to do in a number of years. I still catch myself looking for her when I go downstairs in the morning.

Edited by tha1000

I'm getting close to having to make that hard decision for one of mine. It's killing me but I won't let her suffer.

As I say, you love them, they love you, then they rip your heart out when they die. Still worth it.

I'm getting close to having to make that hard decision for one of mine. It's killing me but I won't let her suffer.

As I say, you love them, they love you, then they rip your heart out when they die. Still worth it.

I'm really sorry to hear about your dog. It hurts like nothing I've ever felt before, but like you said, it's worth it. I wouldn't trade the time I got to spend with Charlie for anything in the world. I hope your decision brings you and your family peace, even if it's painful.

Thanks to everyone for your support and kind words. I'm feeling better today than I was Saturday, but I think it's going to take a while before I stop expecting to see him when I get home from work on wake up in the morning.

About 2 years ago we lost our Emma. After about a week, I dropped a potato chip on the floor. My heart sank realizing no one was there to get it. It does take a while for things to even back out when you lose a friend. My condolences

Don't know if your a God fearing man, but I lost my two Shetland sheep dogs about a year apart and came across this. http://www.equip.org/bible_answers/will-there-be-animals-in-heaven. Check it out. It's improssible to think that if God's going to restore The new heaven and new earth , plants, trees, grass, people, that he would leave out his second greatest creations. Our dogs. There's no way to convence me that my wife isn't a gift from God. So to are my wonderful pets. After man, I think they're his next greatest achievement.

I'm looking forward to seeing my four legged friends again some day.

No guarantee , but I have hope.

I'm glad Charlie, my Argentine Dogo passed in his sleep. If I would have had to put him down, I probably would of jumped off a bridge.

I worked 3rd shift at the time and I spent more time with him then my wife. My daughter learned to walk with his help, it was great.

Best dog ever.

I did not mean to high jack your post.