Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Voodoo Low-Mass BCG/Ej Port Door?

StealthyBlagga

I just put together an upper using a Sun Devil billet upper receiver and a Voodoo Innovations low-mass carrier. For some reason the ejection port door barely holds in the closed position when the bolt carrier is forward... the slightest shake of the rifle and it pops open. When the bolt carrier is locked back, the port door is secure, so I suspect this is something to do with the dimensions of the Voodoo carrier in this area.

To be clear, this is definitely not the biggest issue in my life, and will not in any way impair my use of the rifle, but I wanted to see if anyone else had encountered this phenomenon.

Try removing the bcg test door with it removed. Make sure it is the bcg causing the problem.

Like I said, BCG locked back = no problem. BCG closed/in battery = problem. My guess is that the BCG is stopping the port door from fully closing, so the detent is barely clnging on by its finger nails. I may look closer at the detent.

I think it is TOO FAR FORWARD. It looks like the rear edge of the bolt carrier recess is just kissing the edge of the ejection port door detent housing. I need to look more closely and make some comparative measurements with other-brand carriers and ejection port doors, and try other carriers in this upper. Hopefully I will get to this tomorrow.

Edited by StealthyBlagga