Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Firing Pin Favor

I ask because I have an older one and want to identify what gen it is. the newer ones are longer per EGs description.

"This new firing pin is longer, heavier and has a new redesigned hammer impact surface to increase the reliability of your firearm while using light trigger pulls."

What's mic out mean?

"Mic" means to use a micrometer to measure something, but its a term commonly used to refer to measuring something accurately with a set of calipers, a micrometer, or other precision measuring device.

praetorian:

I have 2 older Henning XL pins, ( they don't have the firing pin block set up on them ).

They measure 2.6300'' and weigh 0.14 oz.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't believe that Eric Grauffel makes a longer firing pin than that.

Hopefully others will chime in with there EG Xtremes.

Lately there seems to be more development in different kinds of hammers than firing pins.

An XL firing pin definitely helps out and is recommended,

but for the most part people are trying different hammers and hammer spring combinations to achieve there goals.

But would definitely be interested in your write up on firing pins though, and what your final conclusion came to.

Best of luck.

you don't need the FPB with the new pins.

so heres my issue i got the new gen 4 pin as an extra pin and it doesnt fit right to the FPB. what i mean is the won't catch the FPB while the hammer is cock its like floating. while the older XL pin fits fine and lock the pin when the hammer is cock and works good with all other primers. i try the new pin today and it only works on federal primers i got couple of light strike with cci and winchesters. is there any suggestion for this???

so heres my issue i got the new gen 4 pin as an extra pin and it doesnt fit right to the FPB. what i mean is the won't catch the FPB while the hammer is cock its like floating. while the older XL pin fits fine and lock the pin when the hammer is cock and works good with all other primers. i try the new pin today and it only works on federal primers i got couple of light strike with cci and winchesters. is there any suggestion for this???

So the firing pin block is not engaging, but yet you are getting light strikes. Is it oriented correctly?

So the firing pin block is not engaging, but yet you are getting light strikes. Is it oriented correctly?

Yes i properly put it in right way same as the XL pin but when i push and check it its not engaging the FPB. I try the pencil thing and it pops out well consistently.

I put new Henning FP in last night and fit perfect. I also noticed that sometimes when I'm running light springs the hammer will not end up flush against the retainer plate. I could push it in forward ever so slightly and this was case with my Gen3 Henning XL FP. After put the new one in I couldn't push hammer forward, it would end up flush so I think it's gonna work better. I'll be putting new ones in my other Stock III and Stock II soon. If anyone would rather the Gen3 I'll trade them. Have 1 that's brand new and another that maybe shot 300 rounds with.

Oh really, that would be sweet. I just like even though it's meniscule the extra length and lighter weight to give any extra assurance of lighting off primers when trying to reduce the trigger weight on Tanfos. I will contact Henning. Thanks dude

"The new pin started shipping on Thursday night/Friday morning. It's s standing offer to swap anytime :-). The new pin is badass ! This offer goes for anyone sharp enough to read this thread. I'll swap any of my older firing pins for the Gen4. Just send in your old and I'll send you the new. I want you to experience the fastest possible lock time and reliable ignition !"

Edited by praetorian97

"The new pin started shipping on Thursday night/Friday morning. It's s standing offer to swap anytime :-). The new pin is badass ! This offer goes for anyone sharp enough to read this thread. I'll swap any of my older firing pins for the Gen4. Just send in your old and I'll send you the new. I want you to experience the fastest possible lock time and reliable ignition !"

You can sen your used pin for a swap?