Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PractiScore 1.2.27

ZackJones

From the web site:

Practiscore Android (1.2.27) April 16, 2015/in News, Uncategorized /by Eugene

Practiscore Android (1.2.27) is released and available here. It is also submitted to Google Play and Amazon app stores and will be available there once application review is completed.

• Reassign to shooter dialog showed deleted shooters
  • Share action on scores review screen for all match types
  • NFC cards support (Nexus, ASUS MeMo Pad 8, etc)
  • Lock selected stages on scoring devices
  • Save text score log to local folder or SD card
  • Make match data backup upon major match changes (sync, import, etc.)
  • Several fixes for wifi sync screen UI
  • Added option to set automatic decimal point when entering stage time
  • Fixed importing custom categories from CSV
  • Fixed issue with non-English names in html match results
  • Fixed out of memory issue on Kindle Fire with large matches
  • Timeplus Performance improvements for match results generation
  • IDPA Fixed wrong order of columns in the RangeLog export
  • IDPA Scoring screen layout UI fixes
  • IDPA New divisions added to default match template
  • USPSA Fixed issue with Fixed Time classifier stages and NPMs
  • Steel Challenge Fixed issue with restoring penalties when editing previously scored stage

Helped score a 5 stage steel match with 1.2.27. Showed off the auto-decimal feature and next shooter list feature. Those people think I am an uber PractiScore geek now :).

Edited by ZackJones

Helped score a 5 stage steel match with 1.2.27. Showed off the auto-decimal feature and next shooter list feature. Those people think I am an uber PractiScore geek now :).

NEXT Shooter ? ? ? I haven't seen that on the Nook?

I did find the auto . point , I wasn't aware of, thought I made some mistake the first couple times.

I did find the auto . point , I wasn't aware of, thought I made some mistake the first couple times.

When you are on the scoring screen for a competitor, in the upper right hand corner you will see something like this 3/12. The first number is how many competitors have been scored and the second number is how many are left to score.

If you tap that set of numbers, a dialog box will pop up showing a list of the next four competitors to shoot.

I checked out the auto-decimal feature but didn't have a chance to try it in a match setting. Does the setting persist across shooters, squads, devices? If I set the auto-decimal feature on the master nook then sync it with all of the scoring nooks, would it propagate to the scoring nooks?

I checked out the auto-decimal feature but didn't have a chance to try it in a match setting. Does the setting persist across shooters, squads, devices? If I set the auto-decimal feature on the master nook then sync it with all of the scoring nooks, would it propagate to the scoring nooks?

It is a local setting for device. Once set, it will be used everywhere.

It won't sync across devices.

When you are on the scoring screen for a competitor, in the upper right hand corner you will see something like this 3/12. The first number is how many competitors have been scored and the second number is how many are left to score.

If you tap that set of numbers, a dialog box will pop up showing a list of the next four competitors to shoot.

I hadn't noticed that... Thanks for explaining it...

I thought the second number was the total number on the squad. I think it stays constant. I'll have to double check that tonight. I don't have a NST with me now.

I thought the second number was the total number on the squad. I think it stays constant. I'll have to double check that tonight. I don't have a NST with me now.

My bad you are correct, it's the number of folks in the squad

Digging that locking stage to the tablet feature! This saves us a lot of time, instead of having to delete all those stages. Just great.

Decimal point is nice too. :)

So how do you access the lock stage feature?

...never mind, found it.

Edited by wgnoyes

Digging that locking stage to the tablet feature! This saves us a lot of time, instead of having to delete all those stages. Just great.

Decimal point is nice too. :)

So how do you access the lock stage feature?

Under Build Stages, click the dots on the right and you'll now see Edit, Delete and Lock.

We used .27 yesterday fr a 7 stage match. I had a couple issues. Fr some reason we had a couple nooks keep looking for Wi-Fi even after turning off wi-fi. the screen would go to the turn--on wi-fi dialog and hang up. We also had one unit just shut off, not go to sleep, but shut off.

I do like the auto decimal feature. I will be looking at the lock stage feature for the next match as one of our squads apparently switched to the wrong stage # (Two stages had the same target and steel counts) and no one caught the error so 5 squads were scored in the correct nook on the wrong stage. When we synced, that overwrote the correct scores, then we couldn't re-write the scores. I suppose I could have transferred each shooter to the correct stage, I think, but I just edited each one. I was a bit concerned about the possibility of loss.

One feature I would like to see is the ability to export/print the stages to verify them against the designs. easy to miss something. A NPM left off or added above the required number. Also if a target has an NPM assigned, the regular mike column should be blanked out.

Also and I read this somewhere in all the threads, when I wanted to sync, the IPad didn't find the nooks even though the nooks found the IPad. I had to type in each sync code. I am not sure what version I have on my IPad. I'll have to check if that is the possible issue.

Jim, for the WiFi dialog popping up and locking up, that is a Nook-centric problem. If any dust gets on that screen, it's going to become unresponsive. So, just wipe the screen with a rag or something and it'll start working again.

For the Nook visibility on iPads, sometimes it sees them all, sometimes it sees only some of them. We have the same issue using the Amazon Fire HD 6 devices. It seems to be better when I have all the Amazon Fire tablets connected first and then connect the iPad last.