Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Semi Auto Build done.

Alaskapopo

Took a different approach on this build. Wanted a light but accurate semi auto precision rifle. So far I am very happy.

AR10%20Build_zpsqovxoeg2.jpg

When I first took it out I was only getting around 1.25 moa. Then I tried a different load a friend of mine recommended and my average shrank to .74 for 8 3 shot groups.

Here is a photo of the best group.

IMG_0560_zpswbqgyxqd.jpg

Hitting a 4 inch wide by 7 inch tall steel shaped diamond at 400 yards was easy.

Pat

Hi Pat,

Looks like a very nice, functional, and successful build!! I've been thinking about an Aero receiver set as a hand crafted alternative to buying a DPMS G2 and modifying it. They seem light enough reading the specs when I compare to the new DPMS platform.

I'd like to say that I could predict about half of your components based on your past use and advocacy. That's not a bad thing. On the contrary, you have been finding useful components over time and working with them. Certainly some evolution as well, but you're rocking what has proved itself to you.

Did you have somebody else drill for the bipod attachment or did you do that yourself? I've been wrestling with that concern when I've considered that tube for my own 308 AR.

I hope you don't mind if I go to school on your build as I consider a 308 AR for myself. Sharing this with us is very helpful.

:cheers:

Thank You,

Mike

Edited by michael1778