Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Warning about Optics planet

formernuke

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this topic, sorry if it's not.

I wanted to warn everyone to stay away from Optics planet. I have made several orders in the past without any issue. A while back I placed a order after there business hours, the confirmation e-mail had the wrong shipping address on it.

As soon as they opened the next day I called and told them of the error. They stated they would try and correct it. As it turns out they did nothing, I called again the next day with the same results. After a couple of days I got sick of it and told them just to cancel the order and keep the item. The next day they shipped it to the wrong address. When I got the shipping notification I called and asked why they shipped it anywise. They again lied and stated they had too, they also stated they could not stop the shipment. I called both the shipping agency's (UPS through Postal service). They both stated that the merchant can in fact cancel and have the item returned up until it is delivered to the recipient. Optics planet again lied when I told them all they had to do was call the shipper (claimed they couldn't do that).

Optics planet just waited and did nothing, thankfully nobody kept the box at the address so it was eventually returned. Since then Optics planet has continued to do nothing, it has been over a month and no refund.

From now on I'm going to stick with small companies that know how to treat long time costumers.

I didn't have the same issue, but did have a problem with ordering from them. Placed an order for a RCBS Case Acyivated powder linkage kit that they listed as expecting shipment in 1 week. Placed order and two days later their site said they expected delivery in 3 weeks, that eventually turned into a month then a couple weeks later 2 months-but they had charged my card when I placed the order. I eventually cancelled the order and got a refund.

If you have a customer service related issue with a company please take it up with their service center. As per Forum guidelines, "Brian's Forums is not the place to resolve customer service issues or disputes you may have with a manufacturer, dealer, gunsmith, or individual."

Archived