Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland belt.....how to use the clips etc?

luketmv

Hi guys,

I am looking to purchase one of their competition belts and am trying to understand how it works, to start i have a ghost race holster and i was wondering how i would mount it to this belt? do i need the clips or do i just mount it directly? then the holsters etc how are those mounted, i know about the els clips im just not really sure i understand how they mount to the pouches.

also can anyone give me an idea about the model 014, is it better than the ghost holster?

• 3 weeks later...

I have not used the Ghost holster so I can't speak to being able to mount it using the ELS clip. I use the ELS system for my competitions and have everything mounted to the clips so I can move things very easily. Essentially you need the belt (inner and outer) and then ELS clips for each pice you want to attach at one time. I have seen some folks use the clips for the mag holders and other accessories but have their holster mounted directly to the belt. So you can certainly use your ghost holster with the ELS system and if it does not have a way to use the ELS clop juts mount it directly.

The Safariland gear and holster pouches are decent. The ELS is the best mounting system. The Safariland belt is mediocre.

With a tad of effort, you can put the ELS clips, Ghost Holster, etc. on a CR Speed Hi-torque belt and have the best of both.