Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

single stack mags

dervin

Tripp mags work great in my .40 Trojan. I only use the 9 round "Corey" mags in USPSA SS but they make 10 round that will fit in the box if you need for IDPA or not if you don't care about the size.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=MAGAZINE+COMPLETE%3A1911+Single+Stack:40SW+and10mm+Magazines+for+1911

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Tripp mags are the only ones I'm aware of that can load 10 rounds. To clarify the previous post; the Corey mags have a modified polymer follower and will only allow 9 rounds while the traditional metal follower allows for 9. I believe the springs are the same between the standard and Corey mags, which allows for the followers to be changed out for more capacity. I'm not sure if the standard 10 round magazines will fit the box without modification, because the Corey mags have modified base pads.

If you are looking to have a SS major/minor, Lim10, ESP setup; the 10 round magazines will be required. If you intend to shoot SS major then there are other magazine manufacturers available. There is considerably less magazine tuning required if you choose the latter.

A 10 round 45 magazine is pushing 140mm; which puts you in Lim10, Lim, or Open territory. A SS 40 with a "box" length magazine allows someone to be competitive in 2 divisions (SS & Lim10) and 2 sports (USPSA & IDPA), whereas an extended length magazine (140mm) only allows for one division within one sport to be competitive (Lim10 only).