Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does STI make a USPSA Production Pistol?

No, the STI GP6 program ended in 2011. The guns are still available in there new updated versions under the OEM manufacturers name, Grand Power.

In Brazil they are still sold through the same distributor as STI.

GP6 = Grand Power K100. GP5 = Grand Power P1.

Whether they still make it or not, the answer to his question was yes, there is a Production legal STI pistol.

I did not know it had been discontinued by STI.

Gotcha.

Once David Skinner retired, the new CEO seemed to want to focus on the core 1911/2011 business.

Thank you my Canadian friend!

What if STI made a small mag well for the Apeiro?

I think the main thing to consider is the Apeiro, and the rest of their 2011's are still single action guns, and by the rule book, not allowed in Production, even before we talk about getting them on the Production approved list. Appendix D4, "special conditions", the first item listed is: Handguns with external hammers must be fully decocked at the start signal". Also, if you think you can just rack the slide on start signal, when you look at the production approved list, every manufacturer that has double action/single action, double action only, or single action only variants, there's a comment about "No Single-Action Only" or similar in each manufacturer subsection. So basically, there's no rule in the actual rule book about Single Action hammered guns in production, but they're not allowed on the production approved list.

So the answer is, No they don't MAKE a production pistol. There is nothing on the website but --11's

Not what he asked Sarge...He asked "Is there a Production legal STI pistol" The answer is still yes.

one question was asked in the thread title, the other in the body, so you're both right. Group hug and beer for everyone. :cheers: