Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If you had to choose between one of these two

Peplow530

the whole aftermarket parts argument has always baffled me, it seams like saying don't buy a Mercedes because you can get more parts for a Chevy. if it runs well what do you need the parts for?

I agree with this if you're talking factory parts. Some people just like to modify and customize things for the fun of it and the 2011 has much more available.

I agree with gng4life that the 2011 has much better aftermarket support than the CZ. I agree with bikerburgess that buying a gun because you can change everything about it with aftermarket stuff to make it fit you makes less sense than buying a gun that fits you from the factory. HOWEVER, I shoot a CZ SP01 Shadow in production, or did when I was shooting production. I made master with it and am extremely fond of the gun. BUT getting replacement parts for it can sometimes be difficult and require months of waiting for CZUSA or CZ Custom to import what you need. These are factory replacement parts, not aftermarket parts. You have two sources of parts, that's it. With any 2011 gun you have many sources of parts and finding replacement parts is never an issue. This is something to be aware of. I ended up stockpiling $600 in spare parts for the CZ just so that if something broke I knew I could fix it immediately. With my 2011s I don't feel the need to stockpile parts like that.

Edited by lawboy