Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If you had to choose between one of these two

Peplow530

the whole aftermarket parts argument has always baffled me, it seams like saying don't buy a Mercedes because you can get more parts for a Chevy. if it runs well what do you need the parts for?

I agree with this if you're talking factory parts. Some people just like to modify and customize things for the fun of it and the 2011 has much more available.

the whole aftermarket parts argument has always baffled me, it seams like saying don't buy a Mercedes because you can get more parts for a Chevy. if it runs well what do you need the parts for?

I agree with this if you're talking factory parts. Some people just like to modify and customize things for the fun of it and the 2011 has much more available.

That's a good point. If you like to tweak things and screw with your gun until it doesn't run anymore, a 2011 will give you much more opportunity to do that. I've observed it at close range when RO-ing major matches.

Well, it's like now, I've been waiting for a wide safety for my CZ for weeks now...a darn safety!! I shouldn't have to wait for that. I can call up at least 10 companies right now and get a 2011 safety here tomorrow. It just sucks when you try to get something for your gun and it's that difficult - especially for a part that pretty important. This is not the only story, there are plenty more like it.

Go to your local match and take an inventory of what the most popular gun used in Limited are. The CZ limited blasters will be very few and far between. 2011's own the market when it comes to the Limited division. The CZ limited guns can be competitive in Limited, that isn't in question.

What you need to really ask yourself, is if you want to be the lone outcast at the range shooting a CZ limited blaster, or part of the majority shooting a 2011. There are a lot of ancillary advantages for using what the majority of shooters are using. If you have gear, ammo, upgrade, or tuning questions those can usually be easily answered from local shooters when using a 2011. When you are using a CZ Limited blaster, you will be on your own in figuring out everything on your own. The same goes for troubleshooting and repairing issues with the guns. The local brain trust is a lot more knowledgeable and skilled in figuring out issues with 2011's. You will be on your own when you have issues with the CZ Limited blaster. You also may have to ship the CZ blaster out of state to competent/experienced gunsmiths that work on those kind of guns. Its pretty rare to have a local gunsmith that CAN'T work on a 2011.

Pick your poison wisely. One comes with a comforting blanket of local knowledge and the other puts you on a deserted island.

Well, it's like now, I've been waiting for a wide safety for my CZ for weeks now...a darn safety!! I shouldn't have to wait for that. I can call up at least 10 companies right now and get a 2011 safety here tomorrow. It just sucks when you try to get something for your gun and it's that difficult - especially for a part that pretty important. This is not the only story, there are plenty more like it.

Did you wear the old safety out? i'll guess not.

My point was if the gun comes out of the box in a configuration you like and is built well what parts do you "NEED"

My point was if the gun comes out of the box in a configuration you like and is built well what parts do you "NEED"

How about sights? Look for sight options for a CZ verses a 2011. Getting the correct sights on the gun is a basic upgrade that almost all shooters do to tune the gun to their needs.

Actually yes, it's worn out and almost impossible to activate/deactivate...but that doesn't matter. Parts and spares should not be months in the making, it should be something that you can get easily. Unless you just want to have back up guns just for parts but how stupid is that. This is making my decision easier every day to stay with a 2011 over a CZ.

How about sights? Look for sight options for a CZ verses a 2011. Getting the correct sights on the gun is a basic upgrade that almost all shooters do to tune the gun to their needs.

I agree there are opportunity costs to running something other than a 19/2011, or GLOCK in any division but I don't believe they are as big a problem as many make them out to be. I think your assessment above is spot on and persuasive. To me personally the issues you raise are reasons for shooting something different because I like being different but I know that's not for everyone.

Actually yes, it's worn out and almost impossible to activate/deactivate...but that doesn't matter. Parts and spares should not be months in the making, it should be something that you can get easily. Unless you just want to have back up guns just for parts but how stupid is that. This is making my decision easier every day to stay with a 2011 over a CZ.
My apology,

I agree basic factory parts should be avaliable

Go to your local match and take an inventory of what the most popular gun used in Limited are. The CZ limited blasters will be very few and far between. 2011's own the market when it comes to the Limited division. The CZ limited guns can be competitive in Limited, that isn't in question.

What you need to really ask yourself, is if you want to be the lone outcast at the range shooting a CZ limited blaster, or part of the majority shooting a 2011.

Yep, decide if you want to be your own person, shooting what you like best, or just be part of a herd, saying 'moooooo'. :devil:

Maybe i'm not as picky as you. It seems to me that quality competition sights are easy to find for pretty much any feasible gun.

Then again, I like the stock sights on both the tac sport and on my STI 1911's.

yes, get the 2011 ... I got tired of having everyone at my club ask me every match how I liked my CZ since I was the only one shooting one ... of course I was shooting Production so nothing I've said really matters ....

Yep, just decide if you need validation that you are special and unique because you carry a different gin from everyone else in your club... because deep down inside you are an artist!

Heh heh. Sweet burn. :cheers:

I personally got a cz because I am cheap, and I was already familiar with the platform from my production/carry guns. I don't really care about having lots of other people around me that shoot the same gun. I've found that the majority of people are NOT good sources of information about technical matters, and have teh googlez (and this forum) to answer any questions that might ever come up.

People should shoot whatever they like.

Here in South Africa, the vast majority of production guns are CZs. I can therefore get any part for my TS from my friendly local supplier within a day or two. 1911 parts are much much harder to find. It's nice that it's easier for us here than in the USA - because for most firearm-related things we're an ignored backwater in the global supply chain