Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RCBS competiton seating die on 1050....

how many of you guys use an RCBS micrometer seating die on your 650 or 1050....does it speed things up when moving from one load to another on the same caliber?

for example....loading 115 9mm and then switching over to 147 9mm?

thanks in advance,

riggs

I bought it when I was heavy into load development, it's much easier to precisely adjust the OAL versus using the standard dillon seating die with locking ring and guessing where it is.

The best way is to have a dedicated tool head for each load IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a Redding Micrometer seating die on my 1050 followed by a Lee (can't believe I admit it) Factory Crimp Die. As much as I hate Lee products, that FCD is the best thing ever. I don't understand why Dillon or Redding doesn't make a nicer version of it. I'd love to have a thimble like my Redding seating die has for adjusting crimp.

I also use an RCBS sizing die for decapping, although it's been modified to take a Dillon decapping unit. I prefer the way the RCBS sizes the cases over Dillon. In fact the only thing left threaded into any of the stations that is Dillon is the powder measure and the die above the swaging station. If someone made that Swaging station die flare the cases while being swaged I'd buy one. I hate flaring in the powder station. I just had to replace the powder measure on my 650 due to it cracking.

I use a Redding Micrometer seating die on my 1050 followed by a Lee (can't believe I admit it) Factory Crimp Die. As much as I hate Lee products, that FCD is the best thing ever. I don't understand why Dillon or Redding doesn't make a nicer version of it. I'd love to have a thimble like my Redding seating die has for adjusting crimp.

I also use an RCBS sizing die for decapping, although it's been modified to take a Dillon decapping unit. I prefer the way the RCBS sizes the cases over Dillon. In fact the only thing left threaded into any of the stations that is Dillon is the powder measure and the die above the swaging station. If someone made that Swaging station die flare the cases while being swaged I'd buy one. I hate flaring in the powder station. I just had to replace the powder measure on my 650 due to it cracking.

Well, Redding does make the micrometer adjustable crimping dies in a few calibers...

post-58813-0-02035700-1429744308_thumb.p

Edited by cwall64

RCBS Competition seat dies require use of an extended length shellholder. They are not compatible with any Dillon reloading equipment.

What about the RCBS Gold Medal Match bullet seater die? Will it work on Dillon equipment?