Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 3 34 frame with gen 3 35 slide/barrel

love2fishnshoot

Will this setup be legal for limited major and 3 gun (9mm conversion barrel)? Have searched about the topic and all of the discussions I have found only talked about production and are from 3+ years ago. I'm pretty positive of it being legal for limited major. Just want to confirm it and on the 3 gun. Thanks!

Alright thanks guys. I'll be replacing the entire trigger assembly with either a dk or pyramid.

Changing the entire trigger assembly doesn't change the ejector though... You want to make sure that you have the correct one for the caliber you're shooting. But if you use a 34 frame, 35 slide with 9mm conversion barrel, then the one in it is fine, but if you decide to shoot major with .40, you'll need to switch it out. Super simple process that'll save you a ton of headaches and malfunctions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright thanks guys. I'll be replacing the entire trigger assembly with either a dk or pyramid.

Changing the entire trigger assembly doesn't change the ejector though... You want to make sure that you have the correct one for the caliber you're shooting. But if you use a 34 frame, 35 slide with 9mm conversion barrel, then the one in it is fine, but if you decide to shoot major with .40, you'll need to switch it out. Super simple process that'll save you a ton of headaches and malfunctions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm I thought it would since i would get a 40 cal specific trigger from dk. Pretty much the only thing that is staying the same on my 34 is the frame. Everything else will be going to a 35(slide, barrel, trigger). Pretty much trading my top end and internals for another guys top end and internals but gonna get a dk trigger since his trigger is stock.

Edited by love2fishnshoot

Lovetofishnshoot - you're correct, the only thing different in the frame in the ejector. You will basically have a stock 35.

Now if you decide to put a 9mm conversion barrel in it down the road then that will limit your options for division, shooting classes etc.

One thing that has always irratated me about USPSA is the "rules", (except for the safety ones) .... When you have 2 or 3 "rules" that can fit a situation?.... That's too many "rules"... Just what is gained by having one frame that will accept several uppers?, what possible difference could a conversion barrel make?...The last time I was a USPSA R.O. was 1991, I'm still a annual member but don't shoot much USPSA... I'm more in favor of the ICORE thinking..... Not so many "rules", except for safety.

You need rules at some point to differentiate the divisions.

Conversion barrels are seem by some as providing extra weight, and they wanted to prevent everyone from buying a g21, and doing a conversion down to 9 or 40 to get that bull barrel profile.

On a local level where you are just showing up to play the game, you are probably just fine with it.

Why not just trade the whole gun? I don't know why you're just trading top ends? Stippling?I have a 35 that I shoot limited with and then I convert it to 9mm with a 40-9mm kkm barrel. Like other people have said remember to change the ejector. Get another ejector block housing and then you can to change calipers you just have to move the trigger to the new block.