Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problem with Practiscore

Dog1

When devices can't see each other, are you still able to enter sync code and get data from those devices? If so, that device will be saved for the rest of the match and you just need to tap checkbox on it to get it to show when funnel/filter is selected. So, no refresh should be needed. I also fixed few glitches on that device screen in 1.2.27...

I don't think the Kindle hardware is bad. It is just the Amazon's own tweaks on Android. The solution might be to install Cyanogenmod11 to replace the whole system with a more recent and more stock-like Android system. Unfortunately I currently don't have time and multiple Kindle devices to explore this, but there are detailed instructions (for somewhat advanced users) and youtube videos on that.

When devices don't see each other I have tried to manually enter the sync code but that does not work. When I enter the device code for the known device (like 010F) and hit pull it says "loading match" but a few seconds later it will come back and say "Connection failed".

Just turned on two of my devices and tried it and neither one will see the other, and manually entering the code gives the connection failed message. They are both on the same wifi network and are within a foot of each other. When I turn Practiscore on for my iPhone they both show that device and the iPhone shows both of them. Seems very strange. Any ideas what is going on?

Edited by kirbinster

Assuming the first two letters of the four letter sync code are the same between devices, then usually that happen when your wifi hotspot has connection isolation mode turned on or has other restrictions on mac address or number of simultaneously connected devices.

I can sync between kindle and other devices using my phone as a hotspot. Though can't confirm issues between two kindles just because I only have one. Maybe Zack will chime in on that.

If you like to try 1.2.27, please email support@practiscore.com

I have tried this on my home wifi where there is no restriction on mac address or numbers of simultaneously connected devices. The only requirement is the long password. Not sure I know what you mean by connection isolation mode, but I don't think that is something I have turned on. It must be something with the way the software interfaces with the Kindles as I only have this issue going Kindle Fire HD6 to Kindle Fire HD6 not Kindle to non-kindle nor non-kindle to Kindle :(

I'll email support and ask about 1.2.27