Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are Tangfo frames cast?

bmiller

Are Tangfo frames cast? A guy was at a local match yesterday with a new Gold team. Did not get to handle it. That is a cool pistol. Has anyone put enough rounds on one to shoot it loose? Will it be as durable as a 2011 frame? Is there a process like accurail for these guns?

Thanks

Hello. I'm not sure if they are cast or not. I have one from the mid 90s and it's still in good condition. I Don't know how many rounds through it or how many owners either. Rich at canyoncreek offers a weld up job. I don't know if the accu rail system would work but I don't see why it wouldn't. I do know from my readings here they they are VERY hard frames.

Are Tangfo frames cast? A guy was at a local match yesterday with a new Gold team. Did not get to handle it. That is a cool pistol. Has anyone put enough rounds on one to shoot it loose? Will it be as durable as a 2011 frame? Is there a process like accurail for these guns?

Thanks

My 9mm has over 27,000 on it. Still shoots tight groups. The beauty of the half-slide design utilized in the CZ's and Tanfoglio's is that you don't need to do all this extra stuff to make them accurate since the slide to frame junction near the centerline of the bore.

CHA-LEE said he was getting 40,000 out of a top end, and I believe he would go through 2 top ends per frame if I remember correctly.

Are Tangfo frames cast? A guy was at a local match yesterday with a new Gold team. Did not get to handle it. That is a cool pistol. Has anyone put enough /rounds on one to shoot it loose? Will it be as durable as a 2011 frame? Is there a process like accurail for these guns?

Thanks

My 9mm has over 27,000 on it. Still shoots tight groups. The beauty of the half-slide design utilized in the CZ's and Tanfoglio's is that you don't need to do all this extra stuff to make them accurate since the slide to frame junction near the centerline of the bore.

CHA-LEE said he was getting 40,000 out of a top end, and I believe he would go through 2 top ends per frame if I remember correctly.

And so the 2011 guys don't freak out on those numbers, I'm pretty sure at the time a top end cost was only a little more than having a new barrel fit to a 19/2011

Are Tangfo frames cast? A guy was at a local match yesterday with a new Gold team. Did not get to handle it. That is a cool pistol. Has anyone put enough /rounds on one to shoot it loose? Will it be as durable as a 2011 frame? Is there a process like accurail for these guns?

Thanks

And so the 2011 guys don't freak out on those numbers, I'm pretty sure at the time a top end cost was only a little more than having a new barrel fit to a 19/2011

You read my mind?:)