Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

barrels

dervin

just wondering on a barrel for a entry level 1911 buy a gun with ramped or throated barrel in 9mm or 40sw in other words STI Spartan V or spend another 600. on the Trojan thanks

In 9, maybe worth it.

In 40, absolutely. For factory offerings, you can generally only find the 40s with ramped barrels.

A third option would be to pick up something basic and have a smith work it over. I had a Kimber in 45, with the standard frame. Had it cut for a clark para ramp and redone as a 40. Now its done up how I like it, and didn't really cost all that much to get there.

Hello: I think STI has stopped making/importing the Spartan so I would get the Trojan in 40 S&W. You can load major and minor with it and get 10 round mags to shoot multiple divisions and games. Ramped barrels help a lot with feeding, that is why they were invented. Thanks, Eric

I bought, and shoot a spartan, and there are some "issues". Rear sight is not a Bomar, but another cut I have yet to determine. The front sight cut is also different. I basically dumped the internals and put in quality stuff. The barrel is accurate, so for the price it was ok. The gun is slightly overweight with a magwell. I also have a Trojan in .40 And like it quite a bit.