Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Phoenix Trinity open what holster?

Toyotafrank

You can use the standard magnetic insert for STI if you have a polymer grip. But if your gun was built with a steel grip the have an insert specifically for the PT Steel grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you decide to go with a regular DAA holster, you have to make some simple adjustments.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=204398

best way to make these changes is to take the holster apart and file down the part that actually holds down the gun by the grip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMAbtJrVwdE. This video is for lefty shooters but it's not too complicated for right handed shooters

Frank

I just upgraded from a Safariland 014 to a complete new rig using the DAA Race Master magnetic holster specifically for the PT grip. It works great!

Holster required no adjustments. One tip if you do go this route and get the DAA mag pouches, get it where you want then Loctite it all down, the screws have a bad habit of backing out.

Edited by grantwoodok

• 1 month later...

I got my magnetic DAA STI insert for the RaceMaster a few months ago and it works perfectly out of the box with the PT steel grip.

How is it different from the regular RM?

I got my magnetic DAA STI insert for the RaceMaster a few months ago and it works perfectly out of the box with the PT steel grip.

There is a magnet on the sliding block inside of the insert that helps prevent the block from going down prematurely during holstering. DAA also only makes their insert that is specifically fitted for the PT grip in the magnetic version. Standard STI inserts will work, but you may need to modify to fit.

There is a magnet on the sliding block inside of the insert that helps prevent the block from going down prematurely during holstering. DAA also only makes their insert that is specifically fitted for the PT grip in the magnetic version. Standard STI inserts will work, but you may need to modify to fit.

Actually I was using a stock STI grip with my DAA RM Magnetic with my backup Open gun until a few weeks ago, with no issues. I finally got my PT grip for my backup gun that was ordered back in December :)