Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How light recoil spring?

3djedi

Before I start changing everything I'm going to have to rechrono and work a new load. My load was fine in other 2011's but I think this AET barrel is stealing some of the energy. I won't know until I chrono but it feels a little weak.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

You might be surprised. My apeiro is 10-15 fps faster than my friends edge with the same loads.
Chrono'd today. My loads that are about 170 on my other gun is about 168pf through the apeiro. Pretty close to the floor! But definitely good enough for practice ammo........

What load and bullet combo?

180g Montana Gold jacketed HP. 4.5g titegroup @ 1.135"

Sent from my LG-D850 using

Tapatalk

I load longer @ 1.180 with either 4.5grn of WST or 4.2 grn of claydot with the 185 grn precision and run around 170-175pf depending on temp

I tried precision coated 185's today loaded long 1.180" although very smokey they were great with accuracy. Just as good as the jacketed MG's.

They seem to kick harder than plated or jacketed though....

Edited by 3djedi

Right. I figured they would be close since my usual loads are 4.5g TG @ 1.135" and I loaded the coated to 1.180"........

I will definitely chrono before I settle on anything.....

• 4 weeks later...

I use a 10# variable rate spring in my STI 9x23mm open gun and it shoots 175 PF fine. There was an old gentleman (85) in our club who was a long time shooter and he had an STI open gun in 9mm he loaded down so far he had to use a 6# spring in it. Still ran fine.